Thank you for your interest in being a Visiting and Exchange Student Orientation Leader!
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are role models as well as sources of support and information for new students. They play a major role in facilitating the adjustment of new students to the Columbia community.
OLs assist with everything from move-in to Broadway show outings. They may be assigned to staff events, tours, trips, or lectures. OLs also directly interact with new students through assigned groups. OLs are responsible for communicating and meeting with new students about Orientation events and offering advice and encouragement during their transition to Columbia.
- Good academic and judicial standing
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to work with diverse students, faculty, and staff
- Desire to be a leader and role-model, including on-campus, on-line, and in the community
- Desire to assist new students in their transition to Columbia
- Must be available from Monday, January 12, 2015 - Sunday, January 18, 2015
- Applications are DUE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a short interview in the week of November 17 - November 21, 2014. Interviews will be scheduled via email after the application deadline.
- Orientation Leader Training is Monday, January 12 - Wednesday, January 14, 2015
- Visiting and Exchange Student Orientation is Thursday, January 15 - Sunday, January 18, 2015.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.