If you submitted a preliminary proposal and have been invited to submit a Final Proposal, please note that the deadline for final proposals is November 6.
The deadline for submitting a preliminary proposal has passed. Please consider submitting a proposal next year for a winter, spring or summer break civic engagement project.
Winter Break preliminary proposals should submitted over the summer. Spring and Summer Break Proposals should be submitted in the fall. Thank you for your interest in the ABP.
In order to service as a Trip Leader and submit preliminary and final proposals, you must currently be a CC, CE, BC, or GS undergraduate at the time of your submission.
Each team must have two Trip Leaders.
Students who are studying abroad in the fall semester may apply as a co-Trip Leader for spring and summer trips as long as there is one Trip Leaders located at Columbia’s Morningside Heights Campus.
- Once all Preliminary Proposals are submitted, the ABP Student Advisory Board reviews them. After all proposals are reviewed, they are returned with comments and suggestions to each potential trip leader.
- Those who have submitted a proposal are either invited to submit a Final Proposal, or rejected. Outright rejections are rare and most often occur because the idea is dramatically unrealistic, the idea is not civic-engagement and/or team based.
- Once all Final Proposals are submitted, the ABP Student Advisory Board may request an interview to seek further information.
- The ABP Student Advisory Board, in consultation with Student Engagement, determine grant amounts for each proposal.
- The ABP Student Advisory Board notifies those who have submitted a proposal whether or not they have been accepted with financial support, or accepted without financial support, or rejected.
*Please view Important Dates and Deadlines for the proposal process schedule.