Student Organizations can utilize the services of Facilities and Special Events for events that take place:
- In classrooms
- In various buildings on campus
Student organizations are fully responsible for cleaning and leaving all classrooms and spaces in the condition in which they were found. Furniture requests for outdoor space and Residence Hall lounges can be arranged with University Event Management (UEM) on the 7th Floor of Lerner Hall. Any additional furniture requests must be made with Facilities and Special Events. Please consult with your adviser regarding the best way to contact their office.
A partial list of chargeable expenses includes:
- Furniture rentals including tents, tables, chairs, dividers, easels, and linens
- All materials, parts, vendors which/who are involved in the event preparation
- Vertical transportation assistance
A partial list of typically non-chargeable expenses includes:
- All custodial, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, labor, masonry, painting, and grounds fees
- Waste management
- Locksmith support that is required before, during or after an event
Such arrangements can only be made following consultation with your adviser. Forms for Facilities requests can be found in your advising office or in the UEM office located on the 7th Floor at Lerner Hall. After consulting with your adviser, make sure that you receive a written estimate of all charges prior to the execution of your event. The form can be downloadedhere.