5th Floor Student Group Resource Area
The 5th Floor Student Group Resource Area encompasses various spaces in suites 505 – 510 in Lerner Hall. Here, clubs can take advantage of storage space, publication facilities and equipment, individual club mailboxes, and access to computers and software packages. The 5th floor Student Group Resource Area is a space made for students and run by students. The Student Government Office (SGO) Manager administers the area.
The SGO Manager is responsible for the upkeep of the area. Students can contact the SGO Manager to inquire about policies and access to the different resources that the university provides for recognized groups.
A few examples of such resources include:
- Temporary storage space for bulk items received for special events coordinated by clubs
- Computer hub login access for club representatives
- Individual club mailbox to grant each club their own permanent address at Columbia
- Academic year-long locker space for smaller items and archiving of clubs’ materials
- Common areas to provide large/small meeting space for clubs
Student organizations interested in these resources are encouraged to read the 5th floor Student Group Resource Area Policy. They may also contact the SGO Manager directly. Students who want to meet with the SGO Manager are asked to please email in advance for a time confirmation.
The application process for the 2012-2013 academic year is now underway. Please submit your application today! The deadline to apply is Monday, April 30th, 5pm.