How do I declare a major?
Columbia College and Columbia Engineering students declare their majors online during the major declaration period in their sophomore year. Engineering students declare in October; CC students declare in March. Look for an email from your Advising Dean with a clickable link, or visit SEAS Major Declaration/CC Major Declaration to get started.
Some College majors require departmental signatures to finalize online major declaration. If your major is housed within one of the following departments, download the CC Major Declaration Form and bring it to 403 Lerner:
- Comparative Literature & Society
- Creative Writing
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- East Asian Languages & Cultures
- Film Studies
- Psychology (majors online, concentrators do not need departmental approval)
- Latin American & Iberian Cultura
- Sustainable Development
- Urban Studies
- Visual Arts
Center for Student Advising
403 Alfred Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Call: (212) 854-6378
Fax: (212) 854-2562
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.