Columbia College | Columbia Engineering

Home / How do I drop a class? / How do I drop a class?

How do I drop a class?

During the Change-of-Program period (also known as Add/Drop): You can use normal web registration procedures.

After the Change-of-Program period and before the drop deadline: Go in person to the Registrar's Office in 205 Kent with a Registration Adjustment Form,  SEAS students need their CSA adviser’s signature on the form. 

After the drop deadline:

SEAS student must petition the Committee on Academic Standing. Find all instructions and required forms to drop a course after the deadline HERE.

Columbia College students may request a W or Withdrawal from classes from the drop date to the P/D/F deadline (5th to 11th week). Students should fill out a Registration Adjustment Form AND sign a CC Acknowledgement of Course Withdrawal.

Question Tags: 

Center for Student Advising


403 Alfred Lerner Hall
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027

Call: (212) 854-6378

Fax: (212) 854-2562

Office Hours
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.

Walk-in Hours
3:00 p.m.4:30 p.m.