CC MAJOR DECLARATION IS OPEN!!
CC Sophomores it is time to declare your major!
The Columbia College Major Declaration Web page will be live at 11:00 AM. When you are ready, please click here to declare: http://www.studentaffairs.columbia.edu/csa/cc_majordec/declaremajor
The Major Declaration webpage will be available from now until Friday, March 14th at midnight.
There are a few key instructions you should know first:
1) Primary Major or Concentration:
- As part of the major declaration process, you will be required to indicate one major or concentration as your primary major. This will determine your departmental affiliation in the University directory and in Student Services Online (SSOL).
- The other majors or concentrations will be listed in your Academic Profile in SSOL and will, of course, appear on your official transcript.
2) Majors or Concentrations that require Departmental Approval:
- There are several majors or concentrations that require a departmental approval before you can declare them. When you open the tool, there will be a list of all these majors or concentrations. If you are declaring one of those majors or concentrations, you will be directed to the form you need to get filled out.
- You will also have to declare any other major or concentration on the same form even if it does not require a signature.
- Once you have completed the form, you can return it to the Center for Student Advising in 403 Lerner to be processed.
Once you have declared a major, concentration or special concentration, you will receive an email with advising information for your department. You should meet with a departmental adviser before the Fall 2014 registration period from April 14th to April 18th. The registration window for rising juniors begins on Tuesday, April 15th.
If you have any questions about declaring your major, you should contact your CSA adviser about the process. Additionally, you should contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies if you have questions about the programs in their department. Advisers in the CSA and in the departments are here to help you! If you are not sure which faculty member to contact, please ask your CSA adviser.