CC Sophomores: It is time to declare your major! (March 1 - March 4)
It is time to declare your major!
There are five important points in this email.
1) The Columbia College Major Declaration Web page will be live TOMORROW! When you are ready, please check your e-mail for the link to declare.
2) The Major Declaration webpage will be available from Tuesaday, March 1 until Friday, March 4 at 5pm. You can declare a major using the online declaration system ONLY ONCE. If you make a mistake, please contact your CSA Advising Dean.
3) After declaring, you will receive an email with information about departmental advising and contact information. As a newly declared major, you are expected to meet with your faculty adviser before April registration for fall courses.
4) Please note: The following departments require you to meet with a faculty adviser in the department and obtain a signature of approval (on this form) of your program before your online declaration is considered final. Bring the signed form to the Center for Student Advising in 403 Lerner by March 4 at 5pm.
- Architecture (500 Diana)
- Comparative Literature & Society (Heyman Center)
- Creative Writing (617 Kent)
- Earth & Environmental Sciences (556-7 Schermerhorn)
- East Asian Languages & Cultures (407 Kent)
- Film Studies (513 Dodge)
- Italian (502 Hamilton)
- Physics (704 Pupin)
- Latin American and Iberian Cultures (101 Casa Hispanica)
- Sustainable Development (2910 Broadway, Hogan Hall Suite A110)
- Urban Studies (208 Hamilton)
If you declare a program in one of these departments but have not submitted written approval by Friday, March 4, the major or concentration will be removed from your program of study.
If you have any questions please contact your CSA Advising Dean.