Center for Career Education - CCE is here for you over winter break!
Happy New Year! We hope you are all safe and warm and enjoying your break. We're available to meet with you in person or via skype or telephone if you'd like to chat before you get back to school about your full-time job or internship search, review application materials, and/or speak about upcoming opportunities to connect with employers across a range of fields. You'll see below interesting internships and jobs with deadlines that expire before classes begin so read on and connect with us with any questions.
Niamh and all at CCE
On-Campus Interview Deadlines
For those who are interested in participating in on-campus interviewing in the spring semester, please be mindful of the following deadlines as the earliest fall during the Winter Break. Please complete the online training and sign off on the on-campus interview policies if you do not already have OCI Access. Some application periods will close during the break - check LionSHARE regularly.
- The first On-Campus Interview (OCI) application deadline is Sunday, Jan. 12.
- Spring Semester information sessions begin on Tuesday, Jan. 21.
- The first day of On-Campus Interviews is Monday, Jan. 27.
- Questions? Call 212-854-9167 or email email@example.com .
Internships, Externships and First-Year Partnerships with CCE – Thursday, Jan. 23
Are you a first year undergraduate student interested in experiencing the professional world and excited to land a work experience? CCE invites you to learn more about smart ways to gain skills and experiences as a first year, including participating in the Columbia Exploration Externship program. This event is co- sponsored by ESC and CCSC 2017.
Apply to be the Manager of one of the Columbia Student Enterprises – deadline is Sunday, Jan. 26 .
If you have ever thought about managing a business or would like to develop your leadership and managerial skills, this is the opportunity for you. Managing Directors benefit from hands-on business experience, professional development training, and a salary while obtaining guidance from an advisory team and professional development training. To learn more about the program and application process, visit our websit e . To learn more about the specific business: Columbia Bartending Agency and School of Mixology , Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA) , and Inside New York .
Industry Showcase: Fashion – Wednesday, Jan. 29
CCE in partnership with the Columbia College Student Council, HOOT, Columbia College Women, and Columbia College Young Alumni will hold a joint info session and recruiting event for a number of organizations within the fashion industry. Come hear from several alumni panelists from Baublebar.com, DKNY, Macys, Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, and SAKS 5th Avenue. The networking portion of the event will be an opportunity to learn about participating employers' full-time and summer internship opportunities at our multi-firm industry showcase. Register online .
Work Exemption Program
Apply by Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014 for the spring semester Work Exemption Program. The program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
Counting down the days of winter because you are incredibly eager to start your summer science, technology or engineering internship?
Would you like access to a SEAS alumni database to secure a mentor during your summer internship? Would additional career support before, during and after your experience be helpful to you? If so, once you have accepted a summer internship in the science, technology or engineering fields, apply to STEP to receive these benefits. Space is limited, so apply as soon as you accept your position!
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark Survey! Click here to participate. Increase the visibility and marketability of Columbia University students to employers and help employers target you. You will be compensated for your time with a career toolbox that features two free career guides and a career profile with feedback to measure your aspirations against others.
Calendar at a Glance: Jan. 20-31
CCE will be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Jan. 15 and Jan. 19 .
- Amazon - Software Development Engineer (Job ID 128426)
- Yelp, Inc. - Yelp Sales Development Program (YSDP) (Job ID 128483)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Foundation - Research Associate (Job ID 128907)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - Resource Analyst (Job ID 128612)
The internships listed below expire between Jan. 15 and Jan. 19 .
- The Donna Karan Company, LLC - DKNY Finance Internship - Spring 2014 (Job ID 128444)
- American Museum of Natural History - Intern Media Relations (Job ID 128484)
- Warner Music Group - Spring 2014 Internship (Job ID 128568)
- Department of Petroleum & Geosystems Engineering - UT Austin - Summer Undergraduate Research Intern (Job ID 128455)
- Simon-Kucher & Partners - Summer Internship (Job ID 128774)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Jan. 12 and Jan. 21 .
- Morgan Stanley - 2014 Investment Management Summer Analyst Program (Schedule ID 3694)
- J.P. Morgan - 2014 Corporate & Investment Bank Treasury Services Analyst Summer Program (Schedule ID 3779)
- Peter J. Solomon Company - Summer Financial Analyst (Schedule ID 3844)
- AppNexus - AppNexus Technical Summer Intern (Schedule ID 3297)
- Citi - Capital Markets Origination Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 3725)
- Bank of America - Global Research Summer Analyst Program (Schedule ID 3704)
- Nomura - IT Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 3630)
The jobs listed below expire between Jan. 15 and Jan. 18 .
- Westcon Group - Human Resource Assistant, Temporary (Job ID 128398)
- Regina Ryan Publishing Enterprises Inc. - Literary Agency Assistant (Job ID 128477)
- Brown & Whalen, P.C. - Secretary/Legal Assistant (Job ID 128491)
- ibidPREP LLC - Private Tutoring Co. seeks SAT, ACT & Special Subject Tutors (Job ID 128563)
- New York Dental Specialty Group - Patient Coordinator Office Manager (Job ID 128681)
The Earth Institute - Research Assistantships - Application Deadline: Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014. Hands-on sustainable development paid research on a range of projects with Earth Institute faculty and researchers.
White House Office of Presidential Correspondence Summer 2014 Associate Program - Application Deadline: Jan. 31, 2014. The office’s mission is to listen to and understand the stories and concerns of the American people, and to send responses on behalf of the President. The Summer 2014 program lasts from May 27 – August 8, and applicants must be currently enrolled in or recently finished with a degree seeking program and hold U.S. citizenship. To apply, please email a resume and statement of interest to OPCAssociate@who.eop.gov .
18th European Career Fair at MIT: Feb. 1-3, 2014. More than 100 participating organizations. Register to be a part of a searchable database through which employers can view your resume and schedule interviews before meeting you in person at the Fair.
Procter & Gamble Research Your Future in Science Seminar - Application Deadline: Mar. 14, 2014. Hands-on involvement and a variety of tours and presentations to learn what it is like to work as an R&D Researcher at P&G. Participants have opportunity to interview for a 2015 P&G Researcher Summer Internship prior to any other intern recruiting. All travel and accommodations will be paid by P&G for those selected to attend. Search job number RND00002544 here to apply.