Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: Apr. 7-11, 2014
International students of GS, we look forward to seeing you at the workshop and networking reception on Wednesday evening at the Alumni Center.
First year students of CC, SEAS, and GS, join us for the Motivated Skills workshop this Friday to identify your skills and how you can use that information to make decisions on majors, classes, and careers.
See below for mentoring, internship and funding opportunities through our formal programs and note that internships and full-time jobs are still coming in daily to LionSHARE. We're available to work with you on applications and any other career matters so feel free to drop by our office for Quick Questions or to schedule an appointment.
Niamh and all at CCE
International Alumni Networking Reception - Wednesday, Apr. 9
Prep Workshop at 6:00pm: Learn how to walk into a room of strangers, carry yourself with composure, start conversations, and walk out with contacts. Also, learn how to follow up to maintain meaningful professional relationships. Then apply your networking skills with GS alumni during the networking reception directly after the workshop!
Motivated Skills Workshop for First Years - Friday, Apr. 11
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will use the Motivated Skills assessment to identify the skills and qualities that will help you find a satisfying career. In addition, you will gain insights into how this knowledge can help you sort through job postings and construct a winning resume. This is a great opportunity to kick off your career exploration process early so that you can make informed decisions about courses and majors that connect to both your interests and skillset. Attendance is limited to 20 first years. Register now !
Wondering how a mentor could help support your career exploration and advancement?
Find out by joining the Summer CCE Network (SCCEN) ! SCCEN connects current undergraduate and graduate students spending the summer interning in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Washington D.C. to alumni mentors working in a variety of industries. As a network member, you’ll also have access to network events, roommate connections, and much more! Deadline to join the network is Apr. 13. Apply early. Space is limited.
There is Still Time – Deadline Extended to Join STEP!
As soon as you accept a summer internship in the science, technology engineering or mathematics fields, you can apply to be part of STEP to receive various benefits, which include access to a database to connect with an alumni mentor, receive additional career support, and build a student network. See link for additional program benefits. Apply now . Deadline is Sunday, Apr. 13.
Apply to a CCASSIP position for summer 2014!
There are several opportunities still available in LionSHARE in a variety of industries including government, the arts, legal, advertising, not-for-profit and more! Search for “CCASSIP” in LionSHARE – new positions will continue to be posted through spring 2014. A few of the positions are open to first-year students (look for the asterisk next to the position)! Deadlines vary by position. To view all summer positions click here .
CC/SEAS Funding Programs - Apply by Wednesday, Apr. 16!
- Columbia Engineering Internship Fund is designed to enable Columbia Engineering undergraduate students to gain real-world and research engineering experience. Currently registered Columbia Engineering undergraduate students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund is specifically designed to encourage CC students to accept a quality unpaid internship which would foster their career exploration and build upon their academic studies, while alleviating some of the financial burden associated with unpaid internships. Currently registered CC students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Work Exemption Program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
Create a Video and Enter to Win!
With only about a month of classes left, summer is quickly approaching! Start planning for the CCE Video Contest today! Three lucky winners and a Grand Prize Winner will receive awesome prizes (details TBA)! Submissions will be due by Friday, Sept. 12, 2014. For more information, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Calendar at a Glance: Apr. 7-18
All Day Event
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 12 and Apr. 24 .
- Retail Group of America - Project Manager (Fashion/Entertainment Company) (Job ID: 137390)
- Ampush - Media Analyst - New York (Job ID: 108887)
- Dun & Bradstreet - Strategy Analyst (Job ID: 134292)
- M2O Private Fund Advisors - Full-Time Analyst (Job ID: 135991)
- Central Park Group, LLC - Marketing Associate (Job ID: 135994)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 18 and Apr. 29 .
- Argus Information & Advisory Services LLC - Data Operations Intern (Job ID: 137878)
- AOL - AOL On Marketing Internship (Immediately Available) (Job ID: 137452)
- Powerlinx - Business Research/Analyst (Job ID: 136836)
- KeyMe - Business Development Summer Intern (Job ID: 137762)
- ChallengePost - Marketing & Community Intern (Job ID: 135263)
Below is just one of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedule listed below expires on Apr. 9 .
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - FBI - Internal Advisory Group (Schedule ID: 3927) (The FBI has cancelled their On-Campus Interviews. If you've already applied, they will be reaching out to you directly.)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 16 and Apr. 23 .
- Moscow57 - Part-Time Marketing/PR Assistant & Office Coordinator (Job ID: 136400)
- Varadi Language Institute - Language School Teacher (Job ID: 136356)
- GPS Academic Planning Center - SAT, SATII, TOEFL Instructors (Job ID: 136509)
- Knowledge NoteBook, LLC - Part-Time Executive Assistant (Job ID: 136445)
- NICO International, LLC - Research Assistant (Job ID: 136999)
Additional OpportunitiesHow to Get the Most Out of Your Gap Year on Wednesday, Apr. 9, 5:30pm, Sindeband East 414, 414 Schapiro (CEPSR) - GradSWE joined by WISC invite you to attend a panel to discuss the value of a gap year. Panelists from Schlumberger, NIH, and Goldman Sachs will be sharing their lessons and experiences.
- The Society for Biomaterials presents a discussion on Industry Careers with Stryker on Thursday, Apr. 10. The speakers will discuss: modeling & simulation for evaluation of implant performance, biomaterial use for medical devices, and additive manufacturing processes in implant design.
- Nicholas P. Chopey Scholarship For Engineering Excellence - Apply by Tuesday, Apr. 15.
- Lime Connect Fellowship Program for sophomores/rising juniors with a (visible or invisible) disability. Deadline to apply Monday, Apr. 21.
- Summer Youth Employment Program and NYC Ladders for Leaders - Apply by Friday, Apr. 25.
- Graduate School of Journalism's Lede Program, a post-bac certification course in partnership with the Department of Computer Science - Apply by Sunday, Apr. 27