Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: April 14-18, 2014
Are you interested in working at an international school? If yes, meet with heads of the United Nations International School, Bonn International School, Nanjing International School, and the American School of the Hague as well as senior staff of the Council of International Schools at an event on Wednesday hosted by Teachers College. Details are HERE .
Student led career events this week include opportunities to meet with Women in VC through Women@CORE and global entrepreneurs through CORE, KSA and OMA. Consulting 101 is hosted by CUCC and Res Hall Leadership and an Out for Undergrad Career info session is hosted by the CC O4U Ambassador. Next Monday, learn from leaders in philanthropy at an event brought to you by GSSC and Cluster Q. See below for details.
Niamh and all at CCE
Apply to a CCASSIP Position for Summer 2014!
There are several opportunities still available in LionSHARE in a variety of industries including government, the arts, legal, advertising, not-for-profit and more! Search for “CCASSIP” in LionSHARE – new positions will continue to be posted through spring 2014. A few of the positions are open to first-year students (look for the asterisk next to the position)! Deadlines vary by position. To view all summer positions click here .
CC/SEAS Funding Programs - Apply by Wednesday, Apr. 16!
- Columbia Engineering Internship Fund is designed to enable Columbia Engineering undergraduate students to gain real-world and research engineering experience. Currently registered Columbia Engineering undergraduate students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund is specifically designed to encourage CC students to accept a quality unpaid internship which would foster their career exploration and build upon their academic studies, while alleviating some of the financial burden associated with unpaid internships. Currently registered CC students who meet the criteria outlined here are eligible to apply.
- Work Exemption Program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, please visit our website .
$100 of Columbia Gear – Enter Video Contest to Win!
With the warm weather reminding you that summer is coming, it is never too early to take a moment to begin planning for your submission to the CCE Video Contest. The CCE Video Contest is a chance to show off your creativity by creating a short video of your summer internship experience! One Grand Prize Winner will receive a package of over $100 worth of Columbia gear! Prizes also available for 3 runners-up! For more information and categories for entry, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Calendar at a Glance: Apr. 14-25
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 20 and Apr. 27 .
- Ampush - Media Analyst - New York (Job ID: 108887)
- Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco - Research Associate (Job ID: 136495)
- First Advantage - Research Analyst, Commercial Real Estate - CBRE (Job ID: 136584)
- Princeton Consultants Inc. - Consulting Careers for Scientists & Engineers (Job ID: 136996)
- Weill Cornell Medical College - Research Aide (Job ID: 137168)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 25 and May 8 .
- Societe Generale - Global Equity Flow Sales Intern (Job ID: 138770)
- Barnes&Noble.com - Marketing Intern (Job ID: 138706)
- IBM - Software Design Intern (Job ID: 138344)
- Argus Information & Advisory Services LLC - Data Operations Intern (Job ID: 137878)
- Gazoozle - Teespring Sales & Marketing Intern (Job ID: 137477)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 23 and May 2 .
- NICO International, LLC - Research Assistant (Job ID: 136999)
- Andoscia Communications - Boutique PR Agency Seeking Intern (Job ID: 137034)
- Armani Exchange - Brand Ambassador (Job ID: 138145)
- BrainStorm Tutoring, LLC - Tutor/Mentor (Job ID: 138062)
- Barbaralee Diamonstein-Spielvogel - Research Assistant (Job ID: 137054)
- Women's Entrepreneurship Month: Story Series with Women in VC - Tuesday, Apr. 15 - Join Women@CORE and CEO to hear from Joanne Wilson (Angel Investor at Gotham Gal Ventures), Caitlin Strandberg (Associate at Flybridge Capital Partners), Angela Lee (Founder of 37 Angels), and Eugenia Koo (Co-Founder of Hack 'n Jill & Associate at RRE Ventures). There will be delicious food and moderated Q&A.
- Nicholas P. Chopey Scholarship For Engineering Excellence - Apply by Tuesday, Apr. 15.
- CORE, KSA, & OMA Present: Global Entrepreneurship Panel - Wednesday, Apr. 16 - Join us in welcoming Suk Park (Co-Founder of DramaFever), Max Schuetz (Co-Founder of KISI), and Roberto Thais (first engineer at HireArt) as they share their experiences on leaving South Korea, Germany, and Peru to pursue entrepreneurship in the Big Apple.
- Krash Insight Series - Wednesday, Apr. 16 - Industry experts unravel the secrets of their domain over food and fun. It’s a great way for students and grads to gain real world business knowledge, and network with folks in the New York startup and technology scene.
- CUCC & RHLO: Consulting 101 - Thursday, Apr. 17 - Columbia Undergraduate Consulting Club and Columbia RHLO invite you to attend Consulting 101, an event geared towards all students interested in consulting and learning more about the industry.
- How to be an Effective Board Member - Monday, Apr. 21 at 6:30p.m., Lerner, 5th Floor - Join us for a panel discussion on the important role of the Board of Directors, with strategies for how you can become an effective Board Member, advisor or supporter. This discussion will highlight the work of leaders in philanthropy, LGBTQ advocacy, community organizing, social media and the arts. Please email Oraia Reid with any questions. Sponsored by Center for Career Education , General Studies Student Council and Cluster Q.
- Lime Connect Fellowship Program for sophomores/rising juniors with a (visible or invisible) disability. Deadline to apply Monday, Apr. 21.
- Summer Youth Employment Program and NYC Ladders for Leaders - Apply by Friday, Apr. 25.
- Graduate School of Journalism's Lede Program, a post-bac certification course in partnership with the Department of Computer Science - Apply by Sunday, Apr. 27.