Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: April 21-25, 2014
Seniors - complete the graduating student survey whether you've just started to think about what's next after Columbia, are applying to positions, or have made a decision on graduate school or a job. We provide career counseling and programs to you as alumni and offer many opportunities for you to give back to current students through alumni volunteer programs. Read on for info on prizes and visit our table when you pick up your commencement tickets to learn more about how we can support you and keep you connected.
First years through seniors, internships and jobs are still being posted every day. Read on for a sampling from LionSHARE.
Niamh and all at CCE
2014 Graduating Student Survey #CCEGSS
Let us know the places you’ll go by filling out the 2014 Graduating Student Survey! Complete the survey (it only takes 3 minutes) for a chance to win a Jawbone Jambox or other great prizes. Plus, if your school has the highest percentage of completed surveys by commencement, you’ll have a chance to win a Beats by Dr. Dre Pill . Update us on your plans for the future and help us better understand your Columbia experience. Also, celebrate your accomplishments, and show us the places you’ll go! Follow #CCEGSS on Twitter and Instagram , and show off your own post-graduation plans.
Interning this Summer? If so, enter the 3rd Annual CCE Video Contest !
Congratulations on reaching the end of another year at Columbia University! As part of your summer planning, take a moment to check out the CCE Video Contest . The CCE Video Contest is a change to show off your summer internship experience, and win awesome prizes! One Grand Prize Winner will receive a package of over $100 worth of Columbia gear! Prizes also available for 3 runners-up! For more information and categories for entry, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Calendar at a Glance: Apr. 21 - May 2
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between May 7 and May 10 .
- Ampush - Media Analyst - New York (Job ID: 108887)
- Dyer Harris LLP - Project Coordinator (Job ID: 135548)
- Aegis Media - Dentsu Aegis Network Entry Level Opportunities (Media Planning & Buying) (Job ID: 138025)
- Crowdtap - Business Development Associate (Job ID: 137855)
- InvestingChannel, Inc. - Ad Sales Coordinator (Job ID: 137826)
The internships listed below expire between May 4 and May 17 .
- Unite US Inc. - Veteran Social Services Internship (Job ID: 137838)
- Emerging Leaders in Technology and Engineering - R&D Engineering Intern/Teaching Assistant (Job ID: 137649)
- Empire Entertainment - Event Production Internship (Job ID: 137886)
- Buro Happold - Energy and Analyst Intern (Job ID: 137856)
- Work-Bench - Business Development Internship (Job ID: 138024)
- U.S. Department of Commerce - NTIA Intern for Broadband and Local Governments (Job ID: 139697)
- Tamika Mapp for State Assembly - Political Research Intern (Job ID: 139810 )
Below are just two of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the link and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the policies and procedures. The schedules listed below expire on Apr. 22 and Apr. 24 .
- Sapient, Global Markets - Business Consultant (Schedule ID: 3929)
- Deloitte Tax LLP - Economic Consultant – New York Transfer Pricing Group (Schedule ID: 3930)
The jobs listed below expire between May 8 and May 14 .
- Artsy - Part-Time Contributor, The Art Genome Project (Job ID: 137860)
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities - Business Development - Technology (Job ID: 138466)
- lowcosttravelgroup - Content writer for travel company (Job ID: 137823)
- Frog Tutoring - Tutor - All Subjects (Job ID: 138723)
- Maia Yogurt - Startup Brand Ambassador (Job ID: 135834)
- Match Teacher Residency - An intensive two year teacher residency that prepares you to become a highly effective first-year teacher while earning a Masters of Effective Teaching degree. Apply now for Fall 2014
- How to be an Effective Board Member - Monday, Apr. 21 at 6:30p.m., Lerner, 5th Floor - Join us for a panel discussion on the important role of the Board of Directors, with strategies for how you can become an effective Board Member, advisor or supporter. This discussion will highlight the work of leaders in philanthropy, LGBTQ advocacy, community organizing, social media and the arts. Please email Oraia Reid with any questions. Sponsored by Center for Career Education , General Studies Student Council and Cluster Q.
- Lime Connect Fellowship Program for sophomores/rising juniors with a (visible or invisible) disability. Deadline to apply Monday, Apr. 21.
- Summer Youth Employment Program and NYC Ladders for Leaders - Apply by Friday, Apr. 25.
- Graduate School of Journalism's Lede Program, a post-bac certification course in partnership with the Department of Computer Science - Apply by Sunday, Apr. 27.
- Tokyo Summer Career Forum 2014 (June 28 & 29) and Los Angeles Career Forum 2014 (Oct. 4 & 5) - Career Forums are for those who are: Japanese-English bilingual (at minimum conversational level in both Japanese and English) and looking for a full-time/internship position or just want to see what opportunities are available. Travel scholarships are available to help defray the cost of traveling from afar. No fee to register or attend.