Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Dec 10-14, 2012
Best of luck to you with your study and exams!
This is our last email until classes begin again in January so we wish you a wonderful winter break too! Many of you plan to focus on your internship and job searches as you bask in the comforts of home so check out these tips and connect with us in person, via phone or skype.
Niamh and all at CCE
Summer Internships Are Still Coming In!
Make sure to refer to LionSHARE for new positions for the following CCE Summer Internship Programs: Columbia Experience Overseas ( CEO ), Science Technology Engineering Program ( STEP ), Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ), and the CU Internship Network ( CU In ). Positions will continue to be added throughout the coming weeks, so it is important to keep looking for new roles that may be of interest to you. If you are interested in working abroad; gaining experience in science, technology, or engineering fields; connecting with alumni; or building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to check out these unique opportunities!
Columbia Student Enterprises
Have you ever wanted to run your own business? The Columbia Student Enterprises offer a unique opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial and leadership skills, use your creativity, and take charge. Managing Director positions are available for three student enterprises:
- Columbia Bartending Agency and School of Mixology
- Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA)
- Inside New York
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark!
Participate now to receive a career toolbox, access to a career webinar library, a chance to win scholarships, and make your employer preferences known.
CCE Holiday and Updated Quick Questions Schedule
Please note the following closures and changes to the Quick Questions schedule:
- CCE will be closed on Friday, Dec. 14 and Tuesday, Dec. 18.
- Wednesday, Dec. 19 is the last day of Quick Questions for the Fall Semester.
- CCE will close at 3p.m. on Friday, Dec. 21.
- CCE will be closed to the public from Monday, Dec. 24 – Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- Quick Questions will resume on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
Calendar at a Glance: Dec. 10 - 21
CCE closing at 3p.m.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply!
The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 14 and Dec. 15 .
- D. E. Shaw Research - Computational Biochemistry Research Group (Job ID 95257)
- AIG - AIG Latin America Full-Time Analyst Program (Job ID 95308)
- Abercrombie & Fitch - Leadership Development Program (Job ID 95166)
- Lunexa - Associate Consultant (Job ID 95228)
- City Year - City Year Americorps Member (Job ID 95305)
The internships listed below expire between Dec. 15 and Jan. 31 .
- Conde Nast - Vanity Fair Photo Internship (Job ID 88459)
- Twitter, Inc. - Software Engineer Intern (Job ID 96385)
- The New Yorker - Multimedia Intern (Job ID 96401)
- HUGO BOSS - Real Estate Intern (Job ID 95319)
- Parkwood Entertainment - Holiday/Spring Internship Opportunity (Job ID 96508)
- Inside New York - App Designer- Inside New York (Job ID 57004)
- Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences - Undergraduate Summer Internship (Job ID 74126)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Spring 2013 Info Sessions begin on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and On-Campus Interviews begin on Monday, Jan. 28.
- Please review On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures here .
- Questions? Call Employer Relations at 212-854-9167.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Jan. 14 and Jan. 17 .
- UBS Financial Services Inc - 2013 Group Tech. Summer Intern Program (Schedule ID 2688)
- RBC Capital Markets - Global Markets Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 2695)
- Booz & Company - Summer Consultant (Schedule ID 2710)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 15 and Dec. 20 .