I know that final exams are on your mind but read on for interesting internships and full-time jobs, some with deadlines prior to winter break.
Also, we’ll be on the ramps at Lerner this Thursday thanks to the Engineering Student Council so stop by to discuss engineering opportunities and job/internship search support.
Niamh and all at CCE
Columbia Student Enterprises
Have you ever wanted to run your own business? The Columbia Student Enterprises offer a unique opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial and leadership skills, use your creativity, and take charge. Managing Director positions are available for three student enterprises:
- Columbia Bartending Agency and School of Mixology
- Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA)
- Inside New York
Work Exemption Program Spring 2013 Application Deadline - Wed., Dec. 5
Do you have an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity lined-up for the spring semester? Do you have a work expectation in your financial aid package? Apply to the Work Exemption Program to have your work expectation replaced with a grant for the spring semester. The WEP spring 2013 application deadline is Wednesday, Dec. 5th. More details and the program application are available online.
Thinking about Summer Internships? - Thurs., Dec. 6
Attend an info session on Thursday, Dec. 6th to learn about CCE’s Summer Internship Programs: Columbia Experience Overseas ( CEO ), Science Technology Engineering Program ( STEP ), Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ), and the CU Internship Network ( CU In ). If you are interested in working abroad; gaining experience in science, technology, or engineering fields; connecting with alumni; or building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities!
CCE on the Lerner Ramps with ESC - Thurs., Dec. 6
Undergrad engineers - applying to internships or jobs during winter break? Looking for career advice? Come meet the professionals at CCE and your Engineering Student Council representatives on the ramps this Thursday! We will be providing career advice, useful tips, preparation material for engineers, and treats. Ask us questions, pick up valuable information, or just stop by for a snack!
White House Internship Program
The application period for the White House Internship Program is now open. The application deadline for the Summer 2013 program is Jan. 27, 2013.
Calendar at a Glance: Dec. 3 - 14
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply!
The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 19 and Dec. 26 .
- Universal McCann - Assistant Media Planner (Job ID 95510)
- Mainstream Engineering Corporation - Mechanical R&D Engineers (Job ID 95686)
- US Green Data - Policy Analyst (Job ID 95721)
- Atlas Holdings LLC - Field Analyst (Job ID 95571)
- Citizen Schools - National Teaching Fellowship (Job ID 69848)
The internships listed below expire between Dec. 19 and Jan. 1 .
- Office of the Mayor NYC - Division for International Business - Spring Intern (Job ID 95411)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - Merchandising Planning Internship (Job ID 95918)
- Rubenstein Communications - Spring 2013 Tribeca Film Festival Interns (Job ID 96295)
- MGM Resorts International - Intern - Finance (Job ID 95645)
- VMware - Internship Opportunities at VMware (Job ID 95911)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Spring 2013 Info Sessions begin on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and On-Campus Interviews begin on Monday, Jan. 28.
- Please review On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures here .
- Questions? Call Employer Relations at 212-854-9167.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Jan. 14 and Jan. 27 .
- Citi - Sales & Trading Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 3120)
- Barclays - 2013 Investment Banking Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 3114)
- RiXtrema, Inc. - Derivatives and Risk Researcher (Schedule ID 3101)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 19 and Dec. 26 .
- Random House, Inc. - Book transcription (Job ID 95423)
- Antillia Capital - Internet Radio Host (Job ID 95578)
- easi6, Inc. - UI/UX Freelance Designer (Job ID 95816)
VA Hospital / NYU School of Medicine - Program Coordinator (Job ID 95947)