Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: Feb. 10-14, 2014
GS students, join CCE in Lewisohn at the Dean's Coffee Hour this Thursday (2/13) and, if you're declaring your major soon, come over to CCE the following Wednesday (2/19) to have a joint advising session with an academic advisor and career counselor to discuss majors and careers. Engineers, meet alumni from a range of fields next Wednesday (2/19) at SEAS Your Network. CC students, note the deadline extension (2/16) to apply for the Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internships (CCASSIP).
Make sure you read to the bottom as there are interesting opportunities with the OECD, Women@CORE, and Breakthrough Collaborative as well as a broad selection from LionSHARE.
Niamh and all at CCE
Mock Interview Program - Wednesday, Feb. 12 and Tuesday, Feb. 18
Are you ready for an interview? CCE career counselors partner with Columbia alumni on to provide mock interviews. Gain experience, practice your skills, receive feedback, and improve your interview performance! Students can call CCE at 212-854-5609 to schedule 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Slots available on a first come, first served basis.
GS Dean's Coffee Hour - Thursday, Feb. 13
GS Students, join CCE for coffee, treats and conversation at the Dean’s Coffee Hour in the GS Lounge on Feb. 13 from 4-5p.m. Stop by to speak with CCE counselors about your career goals, connecting with employers, how to start a job search, or any other questions you may have related to your career.
Deadline extended until Sunday, Feb. 16 for summer internship positions in CEO and CCASSIP programs!
See all the current job descriptions for the programs here . The positions are part of either the Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) , or the Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP). If you are interested in gaining professional experience, working abroad and/or building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities!
Professional in Residence with Sree Sreenivasan - Careers in Social Media Wednesday, Feb. 19
Join us on Feb. 19 at 6:30p.m. for a meal and conversation with Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Adjunct Professor at Columbia Journalism School. Learn about career paths in social media and hear about Sree’s experiences. Seating is limited, so register today!
CCE-GS Deans Joint Advising for Major Declaration Month Wednesday, Feb. 19
Students are invited to join career counselors and GS academic advisors for joint individual advising sessions to help you explore majors, concentrations, and careers.
SEAS your Network Wednesday, Feb. 19
Columbia Engineering alumni and other industry professionals will meet with students in pairs for mini-networking rounds, followed by open networking and reception time with refreshments. Also, if you're interested in networking and getting more connected to alumni, join STEP this summer once you have accepted a summer internship in the STEM-fields. Apply now. Space is limited, so apply early.
Save the date for the Spring Career Fair Friday, Mar. 7
Touch up your resume and practice your introduction for the 130+ employers, including Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, VMWare, World Teach, Schlumberger, that are coming to campus for the Spring Career Fair on Friday, Mar. 7 . Prepare for the fair by attending Making the Most of the Career Fair on Wednesday, Mar. 5 . Register for the fair here .
Connect to Columbia in Boston, L.A., San Francisco, or D.C. this summer!
A small group dinner with a distinguished alum to learn about their career. A night cheering (?) for the Red Sox at Fenway Park. These are just some of the activities Columbia students have enjoyed as part of the Summer CCE Network (SCCEN). Planning to live or intern in a SCCEN city this summer and think you could plan something even better? Apply to be a paid SCCEN Ambassador and organize events for your city’s Columbia network! Have access to these events and much more by joining the Summer CCE Network .
CCE would like to share stories that showcase the various ways students and alumni have explored careers and their interests, built job search skills such as networking and interviewing, gained experience through internships, student clubs, research and volunteer positions, and connected with employers and alumni in fields of interest. Submit your story here .
Calendar at a Glance: Feb. 10-Feb. 21
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 16 and Feb. 28 .
- OSIsoft, Inc. - Engineer (Job ID: 129228)
- FDM Group - Application Support – Entry Level (Job ID: 128871)
- Launch 3 Telecom - Sales & Marketing Assistant (Job ID: 130742)
- OSP Group - Marketing Analyst (Job ID: 130577)
- Fusemachines Inc - Sales Officer/Executive (Job ID: 130701)
- PepsiCo - Clinical Trial Manager (Job ID: 131265)
- Bessemer Trust - Junior Manager Research Analyst (Job ID: 130427)
- Kurt Salmon - Consultant – Global Financial Services Practice (Job ID: 131475)
- Shellpoint Partners LLC - Statistician (Job ID: 131830)
- FDM Group - Recruitment Consultant (Bilingual Chinese) (Job ID: 130999)
The internships listed below expire between Feb. 16 and Mar. 4 .
- National Eating Disorders Association - Programs Research Intern (Job ID: 130562)
- 7 Sisters Project - Social Media Specialist (Job ID: 130667)
- Kiski Alpha Partners, LLC - Data Analyst Intern (Job ID: 130664)
- AOL - Product Management Spring Internship (Job ID: 131032)
- Columbia University - The Earth Institute - Earth Institute Internship Program (Job ID: 130865)
- Hatstand - Recruiting/HR Intern (Job ID: 130674)
- Via - Marketing & Operations Intern (Job ID: 130763)
- Decision Resources Group - Summer Intern (Job ID: 130196)
- BlueStamp, LLC - Engineering Instructors & Teaching Assistants (2014) (Job ID: 130767)
- Bloomberg L.P. - 2014 Software Developer, Intern (Job ID: 130887)
- Barclaycard US - Summer Internship (Job ID: 132224)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Feb. 16 and Feb. 26 .
- Chandler Chicco Companies - Public Relations - Graduate Training Program (Schedule ID: 3889)
- AllianceBernstein - Multi-Asset Solutions Rotational Associate Program (Schedule ID: 3895)
- MicroStrategy - Software Quality Engineer (Schedule ID: 3851)
- MicroStrategy - Technical Writer (Schedule ID: 3851)
- Next Jump Inc. - Software Engineer - Web Applications (Full Time) (Schedule ID: 3891)
- Lloyds Banking Group - Corporate Banking Summer Intern Program (Schedule ID: 3899)
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 19 and Feb. 28 .
- NYC Basketball - iPad Base Statisticians Needed for Adult Basketball League (Job ID: 131368)
- The School at Columbia - Study Skills Support-After School Program (Job ID: 131730)
- Washington Square Capital Management - Marketing Intern (Job ID: 131099)
- Laidlaw & Company (UK) Ltd. - Investment Banking Intern (Job ID: 131550)
- Time Inc. - Part-Time International Assistant- InStyle (Job ID: 131547)
Apply by Feb. 15 for Women@CORE ’s Mentorship Match!
Women@CORE is launching a new Mentorship Match program to connect students to older peers and recent grads working in startups, tech, venture capital, and all other entrepreneurial ventures. CORE has a variety of mentors who have worked at Google, Facebook, AppNexus, McKinsey, several venture capital firms, many other startups, and more! Spaces are limited, and priority will be given to underclasswomen but all women are welcome to apply .
Breakthrough Collaborative Teaching Fellowship Info Session - Thursday, Feb. 13
Help end education inequality and close the achievement gap by working at one of 30 sites nationwide. Learn more about the summer teaching fellowship at this info session and Q&A, hosted by the Columbia/Barnard campus leaders and former Breakthrough teaching alumni. Contact - Varun Kumar at email@example.com .
HubSpot Rotational Program for Graduating Columbia Seniors - Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2014
This 2-year rotational program will put students in a position to learn HubSpot’s business, understand customers, and get exposure to various areas of expertise. Those in the program will rotate through 3 different posts, each 8 months in duration. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
American Ballet Theatre Summer Internship - Application Deadline: Mar. 4, 2014
Gain invaluable experience in the fields of arts education and arts administration! Through project-based activities, interns will assist within a specific department, and be introduced to the daily functions that take place in making ABT one of the most prestigious ballet companies in the world.
Procter & Gamble Research Your Future in Science Seminar - Application Deadline: Mar. 14, 2014
Seminar participants will learn what it is like to work as an R&D Researcher at P&G as we explore all areas of R&D within P&G. The seminar is targeted to diverse college students in a science or engineering technology related major that are finishing their first year or second year of a Bachelor's degree program. However, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Search job number RND00002544 here to apply.
OECD Student Ambassador Program - Application Deadline: Mar. 30, 2014
The Student Ambassadors engage with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, and plan on-campus activities to raise awareness of the Organization and its work. Based on their performance, two Student Ambassadors will be selected to visit OECD headquarters in Paris, France in May 2015. Please email application materials to Elodie Turchi at email@example.com . Students may send any questions in advance to the same email