There are over 800 positions in LionSHARE in fields that range from engineering to government agencies and arts organizations that have social media work as part of the job description. Join us on Wednesday to discuss careers in social media with Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Also, don't miss the Rakuten Group Info Session on Wednesday at noon. Rakuten has headquarters in Japan and is expanding globally with current operations throughout Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Oceania. They have several Columbia alumni working with them and are coming to Columbia to recruit students interested in business, management, marketing, arts and science, computer science, and/or web design.
Niamh and all at CCE
LAST CALL: Mock Interview Night – Tuesday, Feb. 18
Only a few appointments are still available to practice your interviewing skills and get feedback from Columbia alumni and CCE Counselors. Call us today to nab your spot!
Professional in Residence with Sree Sreenivasan - Careers in Social Media - Wednesday, Feb. 19
Join us on Feb. 19 at 6:30p.m. for a meal and conversation with Sree Sreenivasan, Chief Digital Officer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Adjunct Professor at Columbia Journalism School. Learn about career paths in social media and hear about Sree’s experiences. Seating is limited, so register today!
CCE-GS Deans Joint Advising for Major Declaration Month - Wednesday, Feb. 19
Students are invited to join career counselors and GS academic advisors for joint individual advising sessions to help you explore majors, concentrations, and careers.
SEAS Your Network - Wednesday, Feb. 19
Columbia Engineering alumni and other industry professionals will meet with students in pairs for mini-networking rounds, followed by open networking and reception time with refreshments. To help you prepare we’ve asked Engineering alumni to share their advice on how to navigate and make the most of a networking event. Click here for tips that they’ve shared through email and video!
CC Dinner & Discussion – Thursday, Feb. 27
CC students: Apply for the opportunity to have dinner and a conversation with Robert Kolker (CC'91), longtime contributing editor at New York magazine and The New York Times bestselling author of Lost Girls . Space is limited; register today!
Solomon & Seymour Fisher Civil Liberties Fellowship - Application Deadline: Sunday, Mar. 2
Currently registered Columbia College rising juniors and seniors can apply for summer 2014 to work at the NYCLU in a dynamic, PAID summer internship. For more information, please check out the posting on LionSHARE by typing in keyword “NYCLU” or Job ID 51504 . For any questions, please contact Heather Perceval at email@example.com .
Save the date for the Spring Career Fair - Friday, Mar. 7
Touch up your resume and practice your introduction for the 130+ employers, including Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Microsoft, Peace Corps, Schlumberger, that are coming to campus for the Spring Career Fair on Friday, Mar. 7 . Prepare for the fair by attending Making the Most of the Career Fair on Wednesday, Mar. 5 . Register for the fair here .
CC and GS Students in Academic Success Programs and University Studies:
Join a CCE counselor for a small group tour of the Spring Career Fair (3/7) before the doors open to all students. This is your chance to warm up for the fair in a more intimate setting and learn from employers on the spot about the best ways to approach a table, the types of questions to ask, and how to follow up. Get exclusive tips from and learn more about specific opportunities with three-to-four attending employers in the fields of Consumer Products, Research, Law and Healthcare. Register here .
Connect to Columbia in Boston, L.A., San Francisco, or D.C. this summer!
A small group dinner with a distinguished alum to learn about their career. A night cheering (?) for the Red Sox at Fenway Park. These are just some of the activities Columbia students have enjoyed as part of the Summer CCE Network (SCCEN). Planning to live or intern in a SCCEN city this summer and think you could plan something even better? Apply to be a paid SCCEN Ambassador and organize events for your city’s Columbia network! Have access to these events and much more by joining the Summer CCE Network .
SEAS Students - Expand Your Network – Join STEP!
Once you accept a summer internship, you can apply to be part of STEP to receive various benefits, which include accessing a database to connect with a mentor! Attend a STEP Chat on Thursday, Mar. 27 to learn more. See link for additional program benefits. Apply now . Deadline Sunday, Mar. 30.
CCE would like to share stories that showcase the various ways students and alumni have explored careers and their interests, built job search skills such as networking and interviewing, gained experience through internships, student clubs, research and volunteer positions, and connected with employers and alumni in fields of interest. Submit your story here .
Calendar at a Glance: Feb. 17-Feb. 28
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 18 and Mar. 5 .
- Square Inc. - Account Executive (Apply by 2/18!) (Job ID: 132905)
- AllianceBernstein - Software Development - Rotational Associate Program (Job ID: 129179)
- Google, Inc. - People Operations Opportunities (Job ID: 131113)
- AXA Advisors, LLC - Financial Advisor (Job ID: 131326)
- STYLIGHT GmbH - Lead Business Developing Manager & Managing Director (Job ID: 131347)
- Wolfsdorf Rosenthal LLP - Immigration Law Paralegal (Job ID: 132388)
- Bessemer Trust - Junior Manager Research Analyst (Job ID: 130427)
- FDM Group - Recruitment Consultant (Bilingual Chinese) (Job ID: 130999)
- RBC Capital Markets - DCM Analyst/Associate - Liability Management/Private Placements (Job ID: 131762)
- Interactive Brokers Group LLC - Advertising Coordinator (Job ID: 132176)
- Morgan Stanley - Hedge Fund Risk Management Quantitative Analyst (Job ID: 132105)
The internships listed below expire between Feb. 27 and Mar. 5 .
- Regal Literary, Inc. - Literary Agent Intern (Job ID: 133118)
- Societe Generale - INTERNSHIP - Cross Asset Structuring – Front Office Intern (Job ID: 131549)
- Weitz and Luxenberg, PC - Legal Intern (Job ID: 131373)
- Stemline Therapeutics, Inc. - Internship, Research and Development (Job ID: 131486)
- The Waldorf-Astoria - Hospitality Sales Internship (Job ID: 132055)
- ZUUS Media - Strategic Partnerships Intern (Job ID: 131352)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Feb. 19 and Feb. 26 .
- MasterCard Worldwide - Intern – Marketing Communications (Schedule ID: 3906)
- MasterCard Worldwide - Intern – Advisors (Schedule ID: 3907)
- MasterCard Worldwide - Intern – Emerging Payments (Schedule ID: 3908)
- MasterCard Worldwide - Intern – North America Markets (Schedule ID: 3909)
- MasterCard Worldwide - Intern – Human Resources (Schedule ID: 3910)
- MasterCard Worldwide - Intern – Core Products (Schedule ID: 3911)
- Chandler Chicco Companies - Public Relations - Graduate Training Program (Schedule ID: 3889)
- Next Jump Inc. - Software Engineer - Web Applications (Full Time) (Schedule ID: 3891)
- Next Jump Inc. - Web Applications Developer Intern (Schedule ID: 3891)
- Schlumberger - Research, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sustaining Engineers and Scientists (Schedule ID: 3789)
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 26 and Mar. 5 .
- Miro Consulting - Social Media and Marketing Intern (Job ID: 131514)
- The School at Columbia - Study Skills Support-AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM (Job ID: 131730)
- Time Inc.- Part-Time International Assistant- InStyle (Job ID: 131547)
- Laidlaw & Company (UK) Ltd. - Investment Banking Intern (Job ID: 131550)
- Saferock - Statistical Analyst (Job ID: 132331)
Future Global Leaders Fellowship Program - Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2014
Future Leaders Foundation Inc. is launching the Future Global Leaders Fellowship Program for talented and ambitious first-generation freshman college students. The 3-year program provides first-rate international exposure (leadership, trainings, and internships) and a closely-knit network of peers with access to top-professionals worldwide.
HubSpot Rotational Program for Graduating Columbia Seniors - Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2014
This 2-year rotational program will put students in a position to learn HubSpot’s business, understand customers, and get exposure to various areas of expertise. Those in the program will rotate through 3 different posts, each 8 months in duration. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
American Ballet Theatre Summer Internship - Application Deadline: Mar. 4, 2014
Gain invaluable experience in the fields of arts education and arts administration! Through project-based activities, interns will assist within a specific department, and be introduced to the daily functions that take place in making ABT one of the most prestigious ballet companies in the world.
Procter & Gamble Research Your Future in Science Seminar - Application Deadline: Mar. 14, 2014
Seminar participants will learn what it is like to work as an R&D Researcher at P&G as we explore all areas of R&D within P&G. The seminar is targeted to diverse college students in a science or engineering technology related major that are finishing their first year or second year of a Bachelor's degree program. However, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Search job number RND00002544 here to apply.
OECD Student Ambassador Program - Application Deadline: Mar. 30, 2014
The Student Ambassadors engage with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, and plan on-campus activities to raise awareness of the Organization and its work. Based on their performance, two Student Ambassadors will be selected to visit OECD headquarters in Paris, France in May 2015. Please email application materials to Elodie Turchi at email@example.com . Students may send any questions in advance to the same email.
Structural Engineering Opportunities at Jacobs and WSP
The entry level structural engineer at Jacobs will serve in a staff support role on structural and bridge design projects performing routine structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation or marine type structures. WSP, an award winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, has an opening for an Entry Level Structural Engineer in the New York City area.
Nestlé Purina College Sweepstakes
Current students and recent graduates who sign up from Feb. 11 - Aug. 5, 2014 will be entered for a chance to win one of two cash prizes of $1,500! Sign up for the Nestlé Purina College Sweepstakes on Facebook or at nestlepurinacareers.com/sweepstakes to be entered for a chance to win. Also review current internships and entry-level jobs .