Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: Feb. 18-22
Happy Engineering Week!
Seniors, the list of 105 employers coming to the Spring Career Fair on March 8 to fill full-time jobs is posted to our site. Spend some time reviewing the companies and get ready to meet them! Ditto for 1st years through juniors, the employers with summer internships are also listed for your review.
This week, we're hosting info sessions to share details about CCE's summer internships in India. Details are below.
Also, on Feb 25., join a small group for a meal and discussion with Ishwara Glassman Chrein CC ’02 to learn about her career path and experience as the Director of Operations and Strategy at IMG - a global sports, fashion and media business. Come “pick the brain" of an industry insider for trends and advice to support your job search.
Niamh and all at CCE
Extended Deadline for CEO Mumbai!
Have you noticed that the Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) Program has expanded to Mumbai for the summer of 2013? Certain positions have extended deadlines and are available on LionSHARE and can be found by keyword searching “CEOMumbai” or see list of jobs HERE . Attend a CEO Mumbai Info Session on Wednesday, 2/20 at 12pm or Thursday, 2/21 at 6pm to get an insider scoop on specific positions, employers and life in Mumbai. Apply by February 24th!
Are You a CC Sophomore or Junior Thinking about Summer Internships?
Intern with CC alumni and build a professional network over the summer through Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP).
Mentors Available for Science, Technology & Engineering Students
Why would it be beneficial to have a mentor? Check out this Wall Street Journal article, “ Benefits of a Mentor ” to learn more. Once you secure an internship, apply to the STEP Program to connect with a mentor as well as receive many additional benefits. Apply early, as space is limited.
Connect to Columbia in Boston, Chicago, L.A., San Francisco, or D.C. this summer!
A cruise to Alcatraz. A night cheering (?) for the Red Sox at Fenway Park. These are just some of the outings Columbia students have enjoyed as part of the Columbia University Internship Network (CU In). Planning to intern in a CU In city this summer and think you could plan something even better? Apply to be a paid CU In Ambassador and organize events for your city’s Columbia network! Have access to these events and much more by joining the CU In Network .
Passport to Mudd - Friday, 2/22, 12–3p.m.
Want to learn more about the application of majors in the real world? Then come to Mudd on Friday, February 22 , from 12-3p.m. Get a taste of the different departments and hear presentations from our faculty on what makes their field of engineering exciting and interesting.
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark!
Participate now to receive a career toolbox, access to a career webinar library, a chance to win scholarships, and make your employer preferences known.
Calendar at a Glance: Feb. 18 - Mar. 2
All Day Event
All Day Event
The jobs listed below expire on Feb. 27 .
- Atlas Trading - Equity Trader (Job ID 100459)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine - Clinical Research Coordinator (Job ID 100473)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - Research Scientist (Job ID 100509)
The internships listed below expire between Feb. 28 and Mar. 10 .
- Bristol Myers Squibb - BMS Pharmaceutical Development Summer Internship (Job ID 74530)
- New York State Assemblymember Linda B. Rosenthal - Legislative Intern (Job ID 75264)
- Droga5 - Research Assistant (Job ID 101461)
- Galileo Learning - Assistant Instructors & Counselors at Summer Day Camp (Job ID 98872)
- BlackSand Capital LLC - Summer Internship (Job ID 100674)
Below are just a few employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Feb. 25 and Feb. 27 .
- Syncsort Inc. - Software Engineering - Support (Schedule ID 3195)
- Syncsort Inc. - Software Engineer - Development (Schedule ID 3195)
- AT&T - AT&T Information Technology Summer Internship Program (Schedule ID 3235)
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 26 and Mar. 1 .
- Epickk, Inc. - Software Engineer (Job ID 100406)
- Romano Law PLLC - Administrative Assistant (Job ID 100420)
- Apollo Prep - Part-Time SAT Instructor (Job ID 100446)
- Individual U., LLC - Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Job ID 100562)
The New York Public Library - Page Program (Job ID 100630)