Center for Career Education - This Week at CCE: Feb. 3-7, 2014
Hope you're warm and enjoying more snow! We anticipate that all scheduled employers will be on campus tomorrow and for the rest of the week so go sledding early and then get ready to speak about internships and jobs. Read on for details on events and opportunities.
Niamh and all at CCE
Industry Showcase: AMP (Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations) - Tuesday, Feb. 4
CCE in collaboration with Columbia Women’s Business Society will hold a panel and networking session for organizations with opportunities in advertising, marketing and public relations. Employers registered to attend: Burson-Marsteller, Fleishman Hillard, The National Football League, Sudler & Hennessey, and TVI.
DuPont Info Session - Tuesday, Feb. 4
CC/GS and SEAS in chemistry or chemical engineering - Meet with alumni and John Larock, University Relations & College Recruiting Manager, at DuPont Talent Acquisition. This event is made possible by the Chemists' Club and AIChE.
The Columbia Engineering Internship Fund (CEIF) (Early Deadline: Feb. 4; Final Deadline: Apr.16)
SEAS students - apply for funding to support unpaid or low paying summer internships in engineering fields. CEIF supports both industry experience and research opportunities that provide hands-on engineering engagement when those opportunities would otherwise be financially difficult. See website for details.
Work Exemption Program - Apply by Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014
CC/SEAS students - apply for the spring semester Work Exemption Program. The program enables financial aid recipients to take advantage of unpaid internships, research projects, and volunteer work. For eligibility and application instructions, see website .
Mock Interview Program - Wednesday, Feb. 5 , Wednesday, Feb. 12 , and Tuesday, Feb. 18
Are you ready for an interview? CCE career counselors partner with Columbia alumni on to provide mock interviews. Gain experience, practice your skills, receive feedback, and improve your interview performance! Students can call CCE at 212-854-5609 to schedule 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Slots available on a first come, first served basis.
CC Dinner & Discussion – Thursday, Feb. 6
CC students: Apply for the opportunity to have dinner and a conversation with Mischa Zabotin, CC alumnus and Head of International Banking for Credit Agricole Securities (USA) Inc! Space is limited; register today!
Thinking about summer internships?
Would you consider an opportunity to work at a global location? Want to expand your professional network? Deadline Sunday, Feb. 9 for over 100 internship positions across various industries! See all the current job descriptions for the programs here . The positions are part of either the Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) , or the Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP) . If you are interested in gaining professional experience, working abroad and/or building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities!
Apply for CORE’s Entrepreneurship Blog Team!
Join the dynamic team of writers and aspiring entrepreneurs of Columbia Organization of Rising Entrepreneurs (CORE), the largest entrepreneurship society on campus. The blog team publishes weekly newsletters for our 1,800++ subscribers in the Columbia community. You’ll get the opportunity to interview prominent entrepreneurs, curate digests of the hottest news in the innovation and business world, get press passes to cool startup events in the city, and much more! Apply to be a Writer, Digest Curator, Copy Editor, or Photographer by Feb. 9, 2014 . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Breakthrough Collaborative Teaching Fellowship Info Session Thursday, Feb. 13
Help end education inequality and close the achievement gap by working at one of 30 sites nationwide. Learn more about the summer teaching fellowship at this info session and Q&A, hosted by the Columbia/Barnard campus leaders and former Breakthrough teaching alumni. Contact - Varun Kumar at email@example.com .
Science, Technology or Engineering Mentors Available – Summer 2014!
Once you accept a summer internship, you can apply to be part of STEP to receive various benefits, which include a mentor! STEP students have worked with an array of employers, including Infosys Corporation, Metro North Railroad, Microsoft and many more. See link for additional program benefits.
Living or Working in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C. this summer?
Apply to be a paid Summer CCE Network (SCCEN) Ambassador and organize events for your city’s Columbia network! Join the Summer CCE Network to connect with Columbia students and alumni in the area. Network benefits include an alumni mentor, opportunities to connect with employers, housing and roommate recommendations, and networking and recreational activities around the city planned by Columbia students.
CCE would like to share stories that showcase the various ways students and alumni have explored careers and their interests, built job search skills such as networking and interviewing, gained experience through internships, student clubs, research and volunteer positions, and connected with employers and alumni in fields of interest. Submit your story here .
Calendar at a Glance: Feb. 3-Feb. 14
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 9 and Feb. 20 .
- OSIsoft, Inc. - IT Engineer (Job ID: 129231)
- enfoTech & Consulting, Inc. - Business Analyst (Job ID: 130147)
- Gillilayo - Computer Scientist/Software Engineer for Start-up Company (Job ID: 130326)
- OSP Group - Marketing Analyst (Job ID: 130577)
- The Advertising Council, Inc. - Campaign Management Assistant (Job ID: 130812)
- DBRS - Analyst – Structured Finance Cash Flow Analytics Group (Job ID: 130136)
- Bessemer Trust - Junior Manager Research Analyst (Job ID: 130427)
- Fried Frank - Business Coordinator (Job ID: 130553)
- Success Academy Charter Schools - Teacher Development Coordinator (Job ID: 130461)
- J.P. Morgan - Economic Analyst (Job ID: 131182)
- University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Research Specialist (Job ID: 131787)
- University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery - Research Specialist (Job ID: 131775)
The internships listed below expire between Feb. 9 and Feb. 28 .
- The Forgeois Group - Restaurant Group Marketing Intern (Job ID: 131779)
- CommonKey - Community Outreach / Sales (Job ID: 129339)
- International Alliance Associates - M&A Advisory Intern (Job ID: 129371)
- Hermes of Paris - Spring 2014 PR Intern (Job ID: 129827)
- Elegran - Real Estate Intern (Job ID: 129649)
- Universal McCann - Media Agency Big Data Analyst (Job ID: 130333)
- AllianceBernstein - TOP Internship - Software Development (Job ID: 126443)
- Nestor Advisors Limited - Consulting Intern - CEOLondon (Job ID: 126930)
- Cinetic Media - Cinetic Media Internship Program - CCASSIP (Job ID: 126744)
- Clifford Chance Pte Ltd - Human Resources Intern - CEOSingapore (Job ID: 128744)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation - Summer Intern Program - Banking (Job ID: 128463)
- IBM - Market Development and Insights Professional – LEADing to Africa Internship (Job ID: 131719)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Feb. 9 and Feb. 19 .
- Fred Alger & Company, Inc. - Research Associate Intern (Schedule ID: 3412)
- M&T Bank - Summer Management Development Trainee (Schedule ID: 3787)
- Rockefeller University - Research Assistant (Schedule ID: 3721)
- Sonenshine Partners - FIRST YEAR ANALYST (Schedule ID: 3877)
- MicroStrategy Software - Quality Engineer (Schedule ID: 3851)
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 13 and Feb. 17 .
- Oscar Insurance - Oscar Street Team (Job ID:130274)
- Wallplay - Filmmaker Internship at Wallplay (Job ID: 129618)
- Health 2.0, LLC - Healthcare Innovation Internship (Job ID: 130550)
- Jacobs & Burleigh LLP - Law Firm Word Processor (PT/Evenings) (Job ID: 128835)
- Tutoring Solutions - Group C++/Java Tutor (Job ID: 130892)
Federal Bureau of Investigation 2014 Honors Internship Program - Application Deadline: Feb. 4, 2014
This paid internship (6/1/14-8/9/14) offers students an exciting ‘insider’s view’ of FBI operations and provides professional experience that is unique, valuable, and marketable. Please see www.FBIjobs.gov for more information.
U.S. Department of State 2014 Fall Student Internship Program - Application Deadline: Mar. 3, 2014. Click here ( https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/359486600 ) to go directly to USAJobs to start the Gateway to State online application. This program offers U.S. citizen students the opportunity to participate in 10-week, unpaid internships that provide intensive educational and professional experience within the environment of America’s principle foreign affairs agency.
Future Global Leaders Fellowship Program - Applications Opened: Feb. 1, 2014
Future Leaders Foundation Inc. is launching the Future Global Leaders Fellowship Program for talented and ambitious first-generation freshman college students. The 3-year program provides first-rate international exposure (leadership, trainings, and internships) and a closely-knit network of peers with access to top-professionals worldwide.
Southern Teachers Agency PK-12 Teaching Opportunities & Virtual Job Fairs
Schools have already begun to list vacancies for the next school year! Beginning Feb. 6, STA will host 12 virtual recruitment fairs for registered STA candidates in 2014. These fairs will enable candidates to digitally meet school administrators face-to-face and interview for vacancies without having to travel.