Center for career Education - This week at CCE: Jan. 28 - Feb 1, 2013
Hope you've settled back into classes! Are you ready?
Seniors : Employers are hiring - LionSHARE has 695 full-time entry level jobs as of today and we have 200+ employers coming to campus to meet with you this spring from a wide range of fields (fashion houses, think tanks, PR, start-ups, gov't agencies, etc.) so dedicate time to prepping, networking, and applying to jobs over the next few months.
I highly recommend you visit us for a quick question session (1-4pm Mon-Fri) and we’ll filter our programs and resources to your interests and help you prioritize.
Niamh and all at CCE
Industry Showcase: Fashion - Jan. 30
CCE & Hoot Magazine present the fashion industry - meet Calvin Klein, Uniqlo, H&M, Michael Kors, and more, and hear about full-time jobs and summer internships. Register here !
Internships, Externships, and First Year Partnerships with CCE – Feb. 1
Learn smart ways to gain skills and experiences as a first year, including through the Columbia Exploration Externship (Note CEE deadline is Feb. 3rd). Register here !
APPLY NOW for Columbia Student Enterprises (CSE) managing director positions!
Gain a unique opportunity to manage all aspects of an established business. Apply to be the managing director of the Columbia Bartending Agency and School of Mixology , Columbia University Tutoring and Translating Agency (CUTTA) , or Inside New York (INY) and receive professional development training and a salary. Applications are due by Feb. 3rd.
CEO and CCASSIP Deadlines Extended (for select positions) – APPLY BY FEB. 3RD
Apply for Columbia Experience Overseas (CEO) and Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program (CCASSIP) summer internships! For program information, application instructions, and positions with extended deadlines, click here .
Industry Showcase: Advertising, Marketing, & Public Relations - Feb. 6
Meet with advertising, marketing, and public relations firms like Burson-Marsteller, the NBA, Time Inc. hiring for jobs and internships. Hosted by CCE and CWBS. Register !
Join CCE on a site visit to the Council on Foreign Relations on Feb. 8 !
Visit and learn about CFR’s mission, discuss job opportunities, hear from career paths, and tour the historic Pratt House. Registration required.
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark!
Participate now to receive a career toolbox, access to a career webinar library, a chance to win scholarships, and make your employer preferences known.
Calendar at a Glance: Jan. 28 - Feb. 8
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 1 and Feb. 7.
- Veson Nautical - Quality Assurance Engineer (Job ID 89758)
- HealthCorps - Health Coordinator (Job ID 98195)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine - Clinical Research Coordinator (Job ID 98465)
- UPS (United Parcel Service) - Legislative Assistant (Job ID 98479)
- World Financial Desk - GUI Developer (entry-level) (Job ID 98798)
The internships listed below expire between Feb. 1 and Feb. 7.
- Garance Dore - Studio Editorial/Production Intern (Job ID 98321)
- Network 20/20 - Foreign Affairs Intern (Job ID 98377)
- Rockwell Financial Group Inc. - Wealth Management Professional Program (Job ID 98735)
- National Audubon Society - Women in Conservation Program (Job ID 98827)
- Baker Hughes, Inc. - Reservoir Development Services Internship (Job ID 98826)
Below are just a few employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Feb. 3 and Feb. 10.
- VISA Inc. - Co-Branding Intern (Schedule ID 3163)
- Johnson Associates, Inc. - Financial Analyst (Schedule ID 3203)
- RCLCO - Associate (Schedule ID 3211)
- Fujitsu Network Communications - Optical Engineer II (Schedule ID 3213)
- Audax Mezzanine - Summer Analyst, Mezzanine Debt Fund (Schedule ID 3219)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center - Research Technician (Schedule ID 3123)
The jobs listed below expire between Feb. 2 and Feb. 6.
- Cook Pine Solutions LLC - Global Citizen Intern (Job ID 74593)
- Columbia University Tutoring & Translating Agency- Managing Director (Job ID 95292)
- Change For Kids - Database and Operations Manager (Job ID 98482)
- Cinetic Media - Independent Film Internship (Job ID 98494)
McGraw-Hill Higher Education - Editorial and Marketing Intern (Job ID 98671)