We hope you're well rested and ready for Friday’s Startup Career Fair - a great opportunity to meet organizations looking for interns and full time employees. Positions range from business development and marketing to software development and product management at firms in technology, sustainability, media, and other industries. Register NOW and review the Startup Fair prep page (including the employer video tips ).
Niamh and all at CCE
CC Dinner & Discussion Series - Journalism Wednesday, Mar. 27 & Thursday, Apr. 4
On Wednesday, join a small group of peers for conversation and dinner with David Feith CC '09, an assistant editorial features (op-ed) editor at The Wall Street Journal and co-founder and chairman of CitizenshipFirst. On Thursday, Apr. 4 join Janet Lorin CC '95, a reporter at Bloomberg News and a number of other distinguished alumni.
Seniors: Identify your Skills for Success in the Job Search - Thursday, Mar. 28
Whether you are unsure of which career path to choose or have already decided and need help articulating your qualifications to employers, this interactive workshop will get you started. We will use the SkillScan assessment to identify your unique, transferable skills, and qualities.
Deadline this Sunday - SEAS Students - Join STEP!
Once you accept a summer internship, you can apply to be part of the STEP Program to receive various benefits, which include connecting with a mentor! STEP students have worked with an array of employers in the STEM fields in the past. See additional program benefits and apply now . The deadline is this Sunday, Mar. 31!
What do Boston, L.A., San Francisco, Seattle, and D.C. have in common?
They’re all cities with a Columbia University Internship Network! Join the CU In Network to have a built-in community of fellow students to explore the city with this summer. Network members also have access to alumni mentors, networking opportunities, roommate connections, and much more!
Are you a CC sophomore or junior on the search for summer internships? Want to expand your professional network?
Search “CCASSIP” on LionSHARE to review open internship positions that are part of Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ). If you are interested in connecting with CC alumni and building a professional network, then learn more about these unique opportunities!
2013 Summer Internship Funding Programs
Apply to fund your unpaid summer internship through the Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund (APIF) and the Columbia Engineering Internship Fund (CEIF). For eligibility requirements and application instructions, visit the APIF and CEIF webpages. Applications are due on Wednesday, Apr. 17.
Work Exemption Program Summer 2013
Do your plans for the summer include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity? If you are a CC or SEAS student you may be eligible for consideration for the Work Exemption Program for summer 2013. The deadline for consideration is Wednesday, Apr. 24 and details regarding eligibility and the application process are available on the CCE website.
Calendar at a Glance: Mar. 25 - Apr. 5
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 3 and Apr. 5.
- LS Global Advisory Group, Inc. - Research Assistant (Job ID 103383)
- Stern Stewart & Co. - Value Management Consultant - Analyst (Job ID 103503)
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education - Marketing and Development Fellow (Job ID 103574)
- INVISTA S.Ã r.l. - Chemical Engineer - Bilingual (Chinese/English) (Job ID 103610)
- The D. E. Shaw Group - IT/Enterprise: Systems Administrator (Job ID 103707)
The internships listed below expire between Apr. 3 and Apr. 20.
- The JBG Companies - Summer Development Analyst Intern (Job ID 103316)
- Haymarket Media, Inc. - Web Producer Intern (Job ID 103356)
- Norfolk Southern Corporation - GIS Technician Co-Op/Intern (Job ID 103453)
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority - Strategic Initiatives Intern (Job ID 103524)
- New York City Department of Education - Special Projects Intern - CCASSIP (Job ID 104774)
- Cohn & Wolfe - Healthcare Public Relations Internship (Job ID 105001)
Below are just a few employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Mar. 31 and Apr. 15.
- Winged Keel Group - Analyst (Schedule ID 3268)
- Brioni - Operations Intern- Summer Internship (Schedule ID 3265)
The jobs listed below expire between Apr. 3 and Apr. 5 .
- Abyssinian Development Corporation - Special Events Assistant (Job ID 103346)
- Solar Energy Systems, LLC - Administrative Assistant (Job ID 103399)
- CORE Group Marketing LLC - Weekend Office Assistant (Job ID 103421)
- Rooney, P.C. - Legal Assistant (P/T) (Job ID 103605)
ZOOP USA, Inc. - Android Developer (Job ID 103667)