If you're looking for an internship of job or want to investigate career options, prioritize the following:
1. Register for and attend the Spring Career Fair (SCF - Mar. 8) and Media Networking Night (MNN - Mar. 11). Over 130 employers will be at SCF, including City Year, Palantir Technologies, U.S. Department of State, and Visa Inc. and over 300 media professionals will join MNN, including reps from AOL/Huffington Post, GLAAD, NBCUniversal, and New York Times.
2. Join us on Mar. 6 to learn how to prepare for and make lasting connections at SCF and MNN.
A big thank you to Bwog and Columbia Daily Spectator for support with MNN! Thanks also to CC, GS and SEAS councils, RAs, CU clubs, MRC/URC/GRC, and prof. association chapters for all the collaboration to date on our employer, alumni, and prep programs and services!
Niamh and all at CCE
TONIGHT: CC Dinner & Discussion Series: PR & Marketing - Mar. 4
Join a small group of peers for conversation and dinner with Elliot Sloane, CC '83, Founder and CEO of Sloane & Company, a New York- based communications firm offering public relations, investor relations, corporate communications, public affairs, and crisis counseling. Elliot also has generously offered a paid PR internship opportunity (Job ID 100424) with CCASSIP.
CU In Ambassador Deadline Extended to Mar. 10!
If you’ll be living and interning in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Washington D.C. this summer, there’s still time to apply to be a paid CU In Ambassador and be the leader of your city’s Columbia student network! No time to lead? It only takes a minute to join the CU In Network as a member for access to an alumni mentor, networking events, and fun summer outings around your city with fellow Columbia students.
Getting a Job or Internship in Nonprofit Advocacy and Community Development - Mar. 13 Join this workshop to learn about specific career resources and recruiting timelines and develop a list of target companies and an effective job or internship search plan.
Professionals in Residence: - Mar. 14
Meet with Raji Kalra CC '97 over lunch to learn about her career path and experience as the CFO for the David Lynch Foundation . Raji has previously worked as CFO for the Museum of African Art, and for various educational nonprofits and start-up charter schools in New York, Pittsburgh, and post-Katrina New Orleans.
Networking for Engineers
Interested in networking with alumni? If so, join the STEP Program this summer once you have accepted a summer internship in any STEM field. Apply now. Space is limited, so apply early.
NEW: Columbia Engineering Internship Fund 2013
This program is funded by alumni to enable SEAS students to gain real-world engineering experience. Currently registered SEAS rising sophomores, juniors and seniors, in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA, who receive Columbia grant-based financial aid and have secured an unpaid engineering internship for summer 2013 are eligible to apply. Please visit website for application instructions and links. Applications are due on Apr. 17, 2013.
Calendar at a Glance: Mar. 4 - Mar. 15
CCE closed for the career fair in Lerner Hall.
The jobs listed below expire between Mar. 11 and Mar. 17 .
- JDS Therapeutics LLC & Nutrition 21 LLC - Business Analyst - Marketing (Job ID 102066)
- JDS Therapeutics LLC & Nutrition 21 LLC - Business Analyst- Corporate (Job ID 102065)
- IXL Learning - Product Analyst- Math/Language Arts (Job ID 101919)
- Morgan Stanley - 2013 Institutional Equity Sales Assistant (Job ID 102776)
- CarMax - Strategy Analyst (Job ID 101700)
The internships listed below expire between Mar. 11 . and Mar. 15 .
- The Falcon Group - MEP Engineering Intern (Job ID 101711)
- Byte Consulting, Inc - Research & Analytics Intern (Job ID 101683)
- Buzzback Market Research - Market Research Intern (Job ID 101926)
- Sony Music Entertainment Inc. - Columbia Records Big Red Internship (Job ID 101359)
- Grasshopper NYC - Game Design/Development (Job ID 101814)
Below are just a few employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedule listed below closes on Mar. 25.
- GEP - Associate (Schedule ID 3132)
The jobs listed below expire between Mar. 11 and Mar. 15 .
- Gibney Anthony & Flaherty, LLP - Internet Researcher (Job ID 100173)
- InstaEDU - Online tutor (Job ID 101949)
- Ron Winchel, M.D. - Office Assistant (Job ID 101689)
- Technical Strategies Inc - Java/J2ee developer (Job ID 101747)
Aun Ali - Computer programmer needed (Job ID 101550)