Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: March 11-15, 2013
Alumni and employers want to meet you! Peace Corps is at CCE at 5pm today. At 7pm, we'll have 300+ representatives from print and brodcast journalism, entertainment, PR, marketing and advertising, new media, visual arts, and social media so check the list of organizations and people attending and make your way over to Low Library for Media Networking Night. Thanks to Bwog and Spectator for all your support on this event.
See you soon!
Niamh and all at CCE
Getting a Job or Internship in Nonprofit Advocacy and Community Development - Mar. 13
Join this workshop to learn about specific career resources and recruiting timelines and develop a list of target companies and an effective job or internship search plan.
The Boeing Company Recruiter-in-Residence - Mar. 13
This is your opportunity to meet with Boeing representatives to learn more about their full-time and summer internship opportunities for next year! This is a great networking opportunity! Sign up in LionSHARE ( Schedule ID 3267 ).
Professionals in Residence - Mar. 14
Meet with Raji Kalra CC '97 over lunch to learn about her career path and experience as the CFO for the David Lynch Foundation . Raji has previously worked as CFO for the Museum of African Art, and for various educational nonprofits and start-up charter schools in New York, Pittsburgh, and post-Katrina New Orleans.
Mentors for SEAS Students!
Are you a SEAS student who has obtained a summer internship in the STEM field? If so, join the STEP Program , which will provide you with the opportunity to expand your network by connecting further with SEAS alumni and students. Apply now . Space is limited, so apply early.
Thinking about summer internships? Want to expand your Columbia College professional network?
Search “CCASSIP” on LionSHARE to review open internship positions that are part of Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ). If you are interested in connecting with CC alumni and building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities! Positions will continue to be posted through the month of March so check it out!
NEW: Columbia Engineering Internship Fund 2013
This program is funded by alumni to enable SEAS students to gain real-world engineering experience. Currently registered SEAS rising sophomores, juniors and seniors, in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA, who receive Columbia grant-based financial aid and have secured an unpaid engineering internship for summer 2013 are eligible to apply. Please visit website for application instructions and links. Applications are due on Apr. 17, 2013.
Calendar at a Glance: Mar. 11 - Mar. 22
All Day Event
The jobs listed below expire on Mar. 21 .
- Johnson Mathhey - International Graduate Development Program (Job ID 102211)
- AIC Education Inc. - Education Consultant (Job ID 102227)
- PublicRelay - Media Analyst (Job ID 102262)
- United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York - Paralegal (Job ID 102277)
- IBM - 2013 Entry Level Consultant - CHINA (Job ID 102404)
The internships listed below expire between Mar. 21 and Mar. 22 .
- AOL - Huffington Post Tech Software Engineer Summer Intern (Front end) (Job ID 97601)
- SunEdison - Solar Development Intern (Job ID 102381)
- Major League Baseball - Summer Intern Program (Job ID 102413)
- Bank of America - Summer Associate Economist/Strategist (Job ID 102421)
- Oxer Technologies - Technology Consulting Internship (Job ID 102257)
- Tools at Schools - Intern (Job ID 104028)
The jobs listed below expire between Mar. 20 and Mar. 22 .
- Broad Energy - Real Estate Admin (Job ID 102179)
- Thinking Caps Group - Biology Tutor (Job ID 102201)
- Weill Cornell Medical College - Laboratory Assistant (Job ID 102305)
- Express Permissions - Part-Time Permissions / Licensing Associate (Job ID 102378)
- Produce Capital Corp. - Mobile Hardware Design Engineer (Job ID 102405)
J.Crew - Support (Job ID 102423)