To our Veterans, who enrich our Columbia community, Happy Veterans Day!
Hope your spring class registration is going smoothly. Make sure you think about all of your spring commitments and leave space in your semester for career research, reflection, application preparation and follow up, and networking with employers and alumni - all of which are ongoing in an effective internship and job search. Make an appointment with a career counselor (call 212-854-5609) to discuss how you can best integrate your internship or job search into your life at Columbia and read on for some interesting internships, jobs, networking events, and support that we can also discuss with you.
Niamh and all at CCE
APPLY NOW to be Managing Director of Inside New York
Develop leadership skills and gain real world management experience as Managing Director of Inside New York, one of the three student-operated companies that comprise the Columbia Student Enterprises . Experience all aspects of a company (e.g. strategy, marketing, human resources), learn what it takes to manage a business, and participate in professional development training while being supported by a team of advisors.
Industry Showcase: Boutique Banks - Wednesday, Nov. 13
Meet with and learn about summer internship opportunities at this multi-firm, industry showcase with Evercore, Houlihan Lokey, Moelis & Company, Peter J. Solomon Company, Sonenshine Partners, and The Blackstone Group. Brought to you by CCE and Columbia Women's Business Society.
Presidential Global Fellowships Information Session - Friday, Nov. 15
With Presidential Global Fellowship Initiative funds, Columbia University presents summer study abroad fellowships for a select group of rising CC, SEAS, and GS Sophomores (current first-year students). This merit-based fellowship provides enhanced advising and programming that supports the development of individualized global education plans. It covers the program fee for a Columbia summer study abroad program as well as a stipend to cover round-trip airfare and living expenses. For more information, click here .
Seniors: Identify Your Skills for Success in the Job Search - Friday, Nov. 15
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will use the SkillScan assessment to identify your unique, transferable skills and qualities. Doing so is the first step in thinking about your career options, marketing yourself through resumes and cover letters, and preparing for interviews and networking. Whether you are unsure of which career path to choose or have already decided and need help articulating your qualifications to employers, this workshop will get you started. Attendance is limited to 20 seniors. Register here .
Schedule an Appointment with an Entrepreneur in Residence at Columbia Business School
For more information, click here !
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark Survey!
Your participation helps to increase the visibility and marketability of Columbia University students to employers who recruit on campuses and helps the employers to work on a targeted approach when they recruit on our campus. In addition, you will be compensated for your time with a career toolbox that features two free career guides and a career profile with feedback to measure your aspirations against others among other incentives. Click here to participate.
Calendar at a Glance: Nov. 11-22
All Day Event
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 20 and Nov. 28.
- Mars & Co. - Associate Consultant (Job ID: 123395)
- Bounce Exchange - Digital Marketing Manager (Job ID: 123563)
- GRUPPO AB International - Junior Sales Engineer (Job ID: 123653)
- Verizon Communications Inc. - Engineering Entry Level Opportunities (December 2013- June 2014 Grads) (Job ID: 123704)
- Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. - Equity, Debt & Structured Finance Analyst (Job ID: 124255)
The internships listed below expire between Nov. 23 and Nov. 29.
- Producers Guild of America - Intern (Job ID: 61600)
- Starz Media - Winter/Spring Digital Media Operations Intern (Job ID: 123738)
- Urban Green Energy - MATLAB Developer for Energy Simulation Internship (Job ID: 123948)
- Hukkster Marketing - Internship (Job ID: 123988)
- Ferragamo USA - Spring 2014 PR, Marketing, Wholesale and Merchandising Internships (Job ID: 124001)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below expire between Nov. 10 and Nov. 17.
- Moody's Corporation - Business Analyst (Schedule ID: 3722)
- Moody's Corporation - Systems Engineer (Schedule ID: 3723)
- Johnson Associates, Inc. - FINANCIAL ANALYST (Schedule ID: 3683)
- Vitech Systems Group - Associate Solutions Analyst (Schedule ID: 3653)
- SMB Capital, LLC - Proprietary Equity Trader (Schedule ID: 3719)
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 21 and Nov. 29.
- Breakaway Communications - Internship (Job ID: 123509)
- CUTTA - Columbia University Tutoring & Translating Agency Modern Algebra II - Tutor Needed (Job ID: 123698)
- Tablet, Inc. - Translators (Russian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) (Job ID: 124081)
- Kim & Associates - PAID Writing Assistant Needed for Various Writing & Editing Projects (Job ID: 124130)
- Gibney Anthony & Flaherty, LLP - Internet Researcher (Job ID: 124281)
Ruder Finn's Executive Training Program
Well known throughout the public relations industry and offered three times a year in Ruder Finn's NYC headquarters, this paid program is for recent college graduates. The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 22 and the session begins on Monday, Feb. 10. Apply here .
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) 2014 HS-STEM Summer Internships - Application Deadline: Monday, Jan. 6, 2014
Quality research experiences at federal research facilities (including Livermore, Oak Ridge, Pacific Northwest, and Sandia National Laboratories) located across the country; connections with DHS professionals, and a $5,000 stipend plus travel expenses. Detailed information here .
Paid Summer Internships at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - Application Deadline: Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014 at 4p.m. (EST)
The Museum offers forty-one paid summer internships each year. Work closely with supervisors on special and ongoing projects, participate in MuSe (Museum Seminars) and receive training to teach in the Museum's galleries. Additional information and application details here .