Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Nov. 12-16, 2012
To our Veterans, who greatly enrich our Columbia community, Happy Veterans Day!
Seniors, yes, some of your friends have offers but do you know how your field of interest typically hires? We work with thousands of employers ranging from those with large structured programs and very visible hiring early in the semester to organizations that post when a position opens for them. For the latter category, don’t give up if you don’t see your field represented in the more than 2500 active jobs/internships currently in LionSHARE. It doesn’t mean they won’t hire you – it probably means the internship or job is not available yet or is not usually posted at a university. How do you maintain momentum? Do so by connecting with people in the field. We're here for you with relevant resources!
Also, check out the announcements and calendar - Ogilvy is here today, Turner on Wed, and so on.
Niamh and all at CCE
Professional in Residence - Interested in Creating an Award-Winning Journalism Career?
Register to attend a casual lunch and discussion on Monday, Nov. 19 with Lea Goldman CC '98, Features and Special Projects Director of Marie Claire Magazine. If you have ever wanted to "pick the brain" of an insider about trends in their industry, best practices for students in the hiring process, and advice about career paths, join us for this event.
Columbia College Dinner & Discussion Series - Marketing
Sign up to have an intimate conversation over dinner on Monday, Nov. 19 with Danielle Maged CC '89 BUS '97, Global Head of Business Development & Partnerships at StubHub. This is a great opportunity to have all of your questions answered without the pressure of a formal networking event. Be sure to register early as space is extremely limited.
STEP Positions Are Rolling In – Check Application Deadlines!
Find Pre-Approved Science, Technology or Engineering (STEP) positions on LionSHARE by keyword searching “CCESTEP.” Several have been posted over the past week, including Infosys (global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing), and Mondelez (global snack and food brand of former Kraft Foods). Or, if you found your own summer internship, apply to be part of the STEP Program by applying as an Opt-in STEP student to receive all of the same STEP benefits .
Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Columbia (IE@Columbia)
IE@Columbia is a new cross-University program that will nurture and leverage ideas and technologies within Columbia University. Faculty members, staff members, and students from across the University are invited to compete for admission to this program. Learn more .
Calendar at a Glance: Nov. 12 - 23
CCE closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
CCE closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply!
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 16 and Nov. 21 .
- Cedar Management Consulting International - Research Associate (Job ID 93442)
- ERS - Project Engineer (Job ID 93456)
- Energy Investment Systems - Energy Auditor (Job ID 93261)
- The Marino Organization - Assistant Account Executive (Job ID 93628)
- TrexQuant Management - Quantitative Trading Strategist (Job ID 93760)
The internships listed below expire between Nov. 16 and Dec. 8 .
- Brown Lloyd James - Intern (Job ID 75448)
- Warner Music Group - WMG Spring 2013 Internships (Job ID 90118)
- Meddik - Social Media Networking Internship (Job ID 88900)
- VMware - Internship Opportunities at VMware (Job ID 93850)
- The Associated Press - Treasury & Global Real Estate Intern (Job ID 94006)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Friday, Nov. 16 is the deadline to accept full-time offers received through Fall On-Campus Recruiting.
- Friday, Nov. 30 is the last day of Fall Info Sessions and On-Campus Interviews.
- Spring 2013 Info Sessions begin on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and On-Campus Interviews begin on Monday, Jan. 28.
- Please review On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures here .
- Questions? Call Employer Relations at 212-854-9167.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Jan. 14 and Jan. 23 .
- Booz & Company - Summer Consultant (Schedule ID 2710)
- Oliver Wyman - Intern Consultant (Schedule ID 2711)
- Barclays - Barclays 2013 Technology Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 2713)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 18 and Nov. 23 .
- Cardinal Education - SAT Tutor (Job ID 90854)
- Environmental Investment Organization - Financial Analyst/Modeler (Job ID 93560)
- Cancer Education Consortium - Administrative Assistant (Job ID 93849)
- UniversityTutor.com - Tutor High School Students (Job ID 93955)
Midtown Medical Group - Medical office position available (Job ID 93978)