You often speak with us about wanting to gain international experience. For seniors - there are some great full-time and fellowship opportunities abroad currently in LionSHARE – including a rotational program with Ralph Lauren Asia Pacific in Hong Kong ; teaching positions in France, Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique and Réunion ; AIG’s Latin America Analyst program in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico; a legal assistant position in Dubai , and Program Director positions with an international nonprofit organization in Mexico and Tanzania . For those of you seeking internships abroad – join us tomorrow to learn about the CEO internships in London, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Amman, and Istanbul as well as other exciting internship opportunities through our other programs. Details are below.
Niamh and all at CCE
Thinking about summer internships? - Wed., Nov. 28
Attend an information session on Wednesday, Nov. 28th to learn about CCE’s Summer Internship Programs: Columbia Experience Overseas ( CEO ), Science Technology Engineering Program ( STEP ), Columbia College Alumni-Sponsored Student Internship Program ( CCASSIP ), and the CU Internship Network ( CU In ). If you are interested in working abroad; gaining experience in science, technology, or engineering fields; connecting with alumni; or building a professional network over the summer, then be sure to learn more about these unique opportunities!
Internships, Externships and First Year Partnerships with CCE - Fri., Nov. 30
Are you a first year undergraduate student interested in experiencing the professional world and excited to land a work experience? CCE invites you to learn more about smart ways to gain skills and experiences as a first year, including the Columbia Exploration Externship program. Register for this event co-hosted by the first year ESC and CC Councils.
Finance 101 and Consulting 101 - Fri., Nov. 30
Join CCE and reps from J.P. Morgan and Oliver Wyman to learn about the ins and outs of a finance or consulting internship search. The goal of this event is to teach you the intricacies of the application and interview processes as well as how to search for an internship in these industries. We will also cover the different sectors of the industries and how to determine where is the best place for you.
Work Exemption Program Spring 2013 Application Deadline - Wed., Dec. 5
Do you have an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity lined-up for the spring semester? Do you have a work expectation in your financial aid package? Apply to the Work Exemption Program to have your work expectation replaced with a grant for the spring semester. The WEP spring 2013 application deadline is Wednesday, Dec. 5th. More details and the program application are available online.
Calendar at a Glance: Nov. 26 - Dec. 7
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply!
The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 6 and Dec. 9 .
- Economists Incorporated - Research Associate (Job ID 93907)
- MANDIANT Corporation - Information Security Consultant (Job ID 94497)
- IBM - Facilities Electrical Engineer (Job ID 94816)
- Teach For India - Teach For India (Job ID 94878)
- Unilever - Associate Scientist (Job ID 94891)
The internships listed below expire between Dec. 4 and Dec. 7 .
- Tungsten Partners - Winter/Spring Boutique Hotels & Finance Internship (Job ID 72182)
- Defiore and Company - Literary Agency Intern (Job ID 78391)
- Oliver Wyman - Intern Consultant (Job ID 94585)
- Ogilvy & Mather - Summer Internship Program - NYC (Job ID 95000)
- CircleVibe - Algorithms Intern (Job ID 94543)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Friday, Nov. 30 is the last day of Fall Info Sessions and On-Campus Interviews.
- Spring 2013 Info Sessions begin on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and On-Campus Interviews begin on Monday, Jan. 28.
- Please review On-Campus Recruiting Policies and Procedures here .
- Questions? Call Employer Relations at 212-854-9167.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Jan. 14 and Jan. 27 .
- Barclays - 2013 Investment Banking Summer Analyst (Schedule ID 3041)
- Ralph Lauren - 2013 Summer Internship (Schedule ID 2813)
- Fidelity Investments - Equity Research Associate Intern (Schedule ID 3023)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Dec. 5 and Dec. 8 .
- Hilliard Management Group - Bookkeeping & Financial Accounting Consultant (Job ID 70734)
- The Gaga Center - Part-time Coach (Job ID 88161)
- Harlem RBI - After School Writing Workshop Teacher (Job ID 94604)
CHOSA - Part-time Fundraising Coordinator (Job ID 94609)