Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Nov. 4-8, 2013
Hope you are enjoying Fall Break!
Seniors, we'll be at the Apply for Your Degree event in Lerner on Thursday so stop by our table to chat about how we can help you secure a job or decide on what's next for you after Columbia (Read Tips for Seniors ). We also have a SkillScan assessment for Seniors workshop on Friday, Nov. 15 to help you reflect and identify your unique skills and qualities.
International students, join us for a workshop hosted by CCE in partnership with the ISSO on Tuesday, Nov. 12 , which will cover important information for your job searches.
Niamh and all at CCE
APPLY NOW to be Managing Director of Inside New York
Are you interested in developing leadership skills and gaining real world management experience? Apply to be the Managing Director of Inside New York, one of the three student-operated companies that comprise the Columbia Student Enterprises . In this unique position, you will have the opportunity to experience all aspects of a company (e.g. strategy, marketing, human resources), learn what it takes to manage a business, and participate in professional development training while being supported by a team of advisors.
Announcement: 2nd Annual CCE Video Contest Winners!
We received many excellent submissions for the 2nd Annual CCE Video Contest this year. Thanks to all who participated. Our grand prize winner this year is Madeline Rathbun, CC 2015 who interned at ReelGrrls this summer. In addition, Sharon Liao, CC 2016, Breakthrough Cincinnati Intern won for “Most Creative”; Parida Tanti, CC 2015, Arenson Intern won for “Best Production Quality” and Chris Liu, SEAS 2014, Intern at Citi won for “Most Informative”. To review the winning videos as well as honorable mentions, please see here . Congrats to all!
Career Night Open House at Langan Engineering & Environmental Services - Thursday, Nov. 7
Langan is presently ranked as one of the leading design firms in the United States by Engineering News Record’s “Top 500” survey. During Career Night, participants will receive information regarding services and projects; attend presentations regarding different engineering disciplines; and be given the opportunity to have open conversations with the Principals, Associates, and Project Managers of the firm. RSVP online no later than Monday, Nov. 4!
Professionals in Residence: U.S. Department of State - Friday, Nov. 8
Join us for an informal lunch with Patricia Guy, Diplomat in Residence with the US Department of State. You can learn about potential career tracks, ask about the recruitment process, and gain insider advice on how to enter or advance in the field.
Seniors: Identify Your Skills for Success in the Job Search - Friday, Nov. 15
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will use the SkillScan assessment to identify your unique, transferable skills and qualities. Doing so is the first step in thinking about your career options, marketing yourself through resumes and cover letters, and preparing for interviews and networking. Whether you are unsure of which career path to choose or have already decided and need help articulating your qualifications to employers, this workshop will get you started. Attendance is limited to 20 seniors. Register here .
Schedule an Appointment with an Entrepreneur in Residence at Columbia Business School
For more information, click here !
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark Survey!
Your participation helps to increase the visibility and marketability of Columbia University students to employers who recruit on campuses and helps the employers to work on a targeted approach when they recruit on our campus. In addition, you will be compensated for your time with a career toolbox that features two free career guides and a career profile with feedback to measure your aspirations against others among other incentives. Click here to participate.
Calendar at a Glance: Nov. 4-15
CCE closed for Election Day
All Day Event
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 13 and Nov. 17.
- The Mergermarket Group - M&A Research Analyst (Job ID: 122910)
- The Blackstone Group - 2014 Analyst – Investor Relations Business Development (Job ID: 122857)
- NBC Universal - NBC News Digital Audience Development Analyst (Job ID: 122971)
- Amazon - Software Development Engineer (Job ID: 123031)
- IBM - Market Development and Insights Professional (Job ID: 123881)
The internships listed below expire between Nov. 13 and Nov. 18.
- Metropolis Magazine - Marketing Research and Coordination Intern (Job ID: 120718)
- Apple, Inc - Localization Producer Intern (Job ID: 122780)
- HUGO BOSS - Real Estate Intern (Job ID: 122891)
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. - 2014 Legal Summer Analyst – NYC (Job ID: 122099)
- Credit Suisse - APAC Investment Banking Department Summer Analyst (Job ID: 120463)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below expire between Oct. 31 and Nov. 13 .
- Credit Suisse - Americas Talent, Branding and Communications Full Time Analyst (Schedule ID: 3626)
- Analytic Partners - Associate Analyst - Marketing Mix Consulting (Schedule ID: 3633)
- Kraft Kennedy - Technical Consultant (Schedule ID: 3652)
- Vitech Systems Group - Associate Solutions Analyst (Schedule ID: 3653)
- Johnson Associates, Inc. - Financial Analyst (Schedule ID: 3683)
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 11 and Nov. 17.
- Muriel Brandolini Inc - Administrative Assistant (Job ID: 122762)
- Saferock - Statistical Analyst (Job ID: 122986)
- Housecalls Tutoring Inc. - Earn 50/hr and up tutoring! (Job ID: 123000)
- World Trade Centers Association - Member Information Intern (Job ID: 123152)
Montefiore Medical Center - Research Intern (Job ID: 123185)