Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Nov. 5-9, 2012
Hope you had a relaxing Fall break and mid-term exams are going well!
Join us this Friday, Nov. 9, on a site visit to the legendary Apollo Theater where Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, James Brown, and Lauryn Hill launched their careers. Learn about the variety of career opportunities available to you, including their spring internship program. Deadline to Register is today.
Read on for news about upcoming events and interesting internships and jobs in LionSHARE.
Niamh and all at CCE
CCE Spring Internship Program – DEADLINE EXTENDED to Nov. 11
There is still time to apply for internships offered through Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA), Columbia Arts Experience (CAE), and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP)! The deadline for many positions has been extended to Sunday, Nov. 11 , so take advantage of these opportunities to gain professional experience in fields including, but not limited to: arts administration, legal advocacy, sustainability, marketing/PR, and education. All CCIA, CAE, and VIP internships pay a stipend. Positions are posted in LionSHARE and a full list can be found on the CCE website . Please note that the deadline has not been extended for all positions.
STEP Positions Are Rolling In – Check Application Deadlines!
Find Pre-Approved Science, Technology or Engineering (STEP) positions on LionSHARE by keyword searching “CCESTEP.” Several have been posted over the past week, including Infosys (global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing), and Mondelez (global snack and food brand of former Kraft Foods). Or, if you found your own summer internship, apply to be part of the STEP Program by applying as an Opt-in STEP student to receive all of the same STEP benefits .
Lime Connect Info Session and Discussion on Disclosure - Wednesday, Nov. 7, 5-6p.m., Satow Room, Lerner Hall
Join the Lime Connect Team and members of the Lime Network for a discussion on scholarships, internships, The Lime Connect Fellowship Program, and other professional development opportunities for talented students with disabilities. Lime Connect will also be leading a discussion on the best way to disclose your disability during the recruiting season and beyond. Please RSVP to Jennifer Larussoleung .
Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Columbia (IE@Columbia)
IE@Columbia is a new cross-University program that will nurture and leverage ideas and technologies within Columbia University. Faculty members, staff members, and students from across the University are invited to compete for admission to this program. Learn more .
Calendar at a Glance: Nov. 5 - 16
CCE closed for the Election Day holiday.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply!
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 14 and Nov. 17 .
- Candelis - Software Engineer (Job ID 79422)
- Abercromie & Fitch - Leadership Development Program Merchandising (Job ID 93214)
- Environment America - Become a New York Environment Fellow (Job ID 93248)
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. - Securities, Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities Analyst (Job ID 93294)
- REPUCOM - Account Executive (Job ID 93470)
The internships listed below expire between Nov. 14 and Nov. 16 .
- Warner Music Group - WMG Spring 2012 Internships (Job ID 90118)
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York - Internship Economic Education (Job ID 93266)
- Fendi - PR Marketing Intern (Job ID 93287)
- Addepar - Software Engineer Intern (Job ID 93337)
- HSBC Hong Kong - HSBC Student Programmes (Job ID 93540)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Check the status of your application for on-campus interviews in the “My Activity > Schedules” section of your LionSHARE profile.
- Once selected to interview through LionSHARE, sign-up occurs on a first come, first served basis.
- Students participating in CCE’s On-Campus Recruiting Program are required to give two full business days’ notice to cancel an interview.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Nov. 11 and Nov. 15 .
- Rakuten LinkShare - Summer 2013 Internships (Schedule ID 3043)
- 1stdibs - Java Software Engineer (Schedule ID 3017)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 15 and Nov. 18 .
- Harmony Institute - Research Analyst (Job ID 93410)
- HighTower Advisors - Marketing Intern (Job ID 93446)
- The Regulatory Fundamentals Group - Administrative Assistant (Job ID 93660)
- David Friedman, Ph.D., NY State Psychiatric Institute - Paid Research Volunteers (Job ID 93553)
Columbia Business School - Research Analyst (Job ID 93625)