Oct. begins on a good note! Employers expect to hire 13% more new college graduates from the Class of 2013 than they did from the Class of 2012, according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Job Outlook 2013 survey.
Also, we are seeing more employers looking to hone young talent to move up their ranks quickly through leadership development and/or rotational programs. These always pique interest when we mention them to you in appointments so I’ll highlight a few that are in LionSHARE now, including Amazon Undergraduate Programs ID 84984 and 90759 (see below for info session details); Reata Pharmaceuticals - Biopharmaceutical Leadership Development Program ID 91068 ; Curriculum Associates - Management Development Program ID 91290 ; and Con Edison's Growth Opportunities for Leadership Development (GOLD) program ID 88523 . You can research leadership/rotational program across industries on our website .
For those of you focused on summer internships, note that many Gov’t agencies have deadlines starting in Oct. CIA is Oct. 15; State Dept. is Nov. 2 (see below re EPA at CCE this week and Careers in Gov’t/International Affairs next week). Also, some employers with structured internship programs like Boeing ID 90326 and Oceans Research ID 80385 have summer internship programs in LionSHARE now.
Read on for more interesting opportunities!
Niamh and all at CCE
Columbia College Dinner & Discussion Series: Finance and Law - Tuesday, Oct. 2
Enjoy an intimate conversation over dinner at the Alumni Center with CC alum Leonard H. Hersh, Senior Managing Director, Bernstein Global Wealth Management. Be sure to register early as space is extremely limited.
Professionals in Residence: Government/Environmental Protection - Thursday, Oct. 4
If you have ever wanted to "pick the brain" of an industry insider about industry trends, then register to attend a casual lunch and discussion with Noha Gaber, Special Assistant for Collaboration and Innovation at the EPA.
Contemplating Various International Options?
Are you trying to figure out if it is possible to go abroad for a summer, semester or even after graduation? Come to the Find a Position Abroad workshop on Oct. 2 where you will learn about example international options as well as all of the aspects to take into consideration regarding international experiences.
Thinking about a spring or summer break service trip? Check out the Alternative Break Program (ABP)! The ABP provides funding and other support to help you put together an international or domestic service trip. The deadline for the preliminary proposal is this Friday, Oct. 5! If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com .
Get a Job or Internship in Government and International Affairs - Tuesday, Oct. 9
During 2011-12, there were 154 full time and 205 government related internship opportunities posted in LionSHARE. Join this workshop to learn about government and international affairs related opportunities, resources and upcoming deadlines.
Save the date for the Engineering Career Fair Networking Reception on Oct. 25 and the Engineering Consortium Career Fair on Oct. 26!
Register by Oct. 23 to receive a Pre-Registered Pass to check out employers like Google, Honda R&D Americas, L'Oreal USA, and The Boeing Company.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Columbia (IE@Columbia)
IE@Columbia, the university-wide program that will serve as an on-campus business accelerator for innovative ideas and intellectual property, is hosting info sessions on Oct. 5, 12, and 26. Learn more and join a team here .
“Bring Your Internship to Life” Video Contest Winner!
We had several excellent submissions for the video contest this year. Thank you to all that participated. Our big winner of an Apple TV this year is Chloe Durkin, CC 2015 student who interned at CBS this past summer. She created a priceless video on her daily internship duties as a production intern at CBS. Congrats, Chloe!
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 1-12
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply! The internships listed below expire between Oct. 9 and Oct. 12 .
- Scholastic Inc. - Production Editorial Intern (Job ID 87158)
- Tri State Trading LLC - Design Coordinator and Operations Asst. (Job ID 88507)
- Gilt City, Member of the Gilt Groupe - Gilt City National Sales Intern (Job ID 90197)
- Yelp, Inc. - Software Engineer - Spring Intern (Job ID 90884)
- Uniqlo USA - Marketing Intern (Job ID 90912)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 9 and Oct. 13 .
- ABC Disney Television Group - Broadcast Review Specialist (Job ID 90689)
- Anna Allen Films - Director, Writer, and Cinematographer (Job ID 90593)
- CIT Group - Financial Analysis (Job ID 90836)
- Office of the Controller of the Currency - Research Analyst (Job ID 90956)
- Deutsche Bank - Group Technology & Operations: Analyst (Job ID 90995)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Oct. 8 and Oct. 10 .
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) - Science, Tech., and Engineering (Schedule ID 90257)
- Citi - Citi Cards N.A. Analyst (Schedule ID 90764)
- Mintz Levin - Project Analyst (Schedule ID 88197)
- Kobre & Kim LLP - Financial and Legal Analyst (Schedule ID 88510)
- Lord & Taylor - Asst. Buyer/Asst. Planner Executive Training Program (Schedule ID 90510)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 9 and Oct. 12 .
- Jacobs & Burleigh LLP - Legal Word Processor (Job ID 75558)
- Stone & Strand LLC - Editorial & Copy Director (Job ID 88309)
- Birds Nest Productions - Mandarin Chinese Tutor (Job ID 90543)
Hermes of Paris - Watch Department Intern (Job ID 90604