Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Oct. 14-18, 2013
We hear from many of you that you'd like to intern or work abroad so join us this Thursday evening (Oct. 17) for our Asia-Pacific Recruiting Night to meet with Abercrombie & Fitch, Coach A Co. Ltd., Teach for China, Telligent Capital Management Ltd., and Unilever - all at Columbia to fill internships and full-time opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region. Update your resume and have copies on-hand to share.
A big thank you to Christie's for hosting a group of you at a site visit last Friday. Christie's is very interested in bringing in Columbia talent and has posted its spring internship on LionSHARE ( Job ID 122229 ).Check it out if you're interested in auction houses or the art industry.
Scientists, mathematicians, and engineers - block your calendars for the career fair and related events next week!
Niamh and all at CCE
CCE Spring Internship Programs— APPLY NOW !
If you’re looking for an internship this Spring semester, be sure to check-out the 60+ opportunities offered through Columbia Arts Experience (CAE), Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA), and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP). Internships are offered in a range of fields including not-for-profit, arts, law, advertising/PR, education, health/nutrition, graphic design, and more! View a full list on the CCE website and apply for positions through LionSHARE by Oct. 27 at 11:59p.m. To learn more, attend an upcoming information session on Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 12p.m. or Monday, Oct. 21 at 5p.m.
Last Chance to Apply to the Kenneth Cole Community Engagement Fellowship !
Sunday, Oct. 20 is the deadline to apply to be a Kenneth Cole fellow. This unique academic and co-curricular program prepares students to make meaningful, sustainable change by developing practical approaches to challenges and opportunities faced by our local community. Application instructions available on LionSHARE.
CC Dinner & Discussion Series – Wednesday, Oct. 23
Columbia College students: Apply for the opportunity to have dinner and a conversation with Poppy Harlow, CC alumna and CNN Correspondent! Learn about her career path and ask questions about the field. Space is limited; apply today!
Save the Dates for the Engineering Career Fair Networking Reception on Thursday, Oct. 24 and Engineering Consortium Career Fair on Friday, Oct. 25 !
Register for the fair by Wednesday, Oct. 23 at 11:59p.m. to receive a Pre-Registered Pass to check out employers like United Technologies Corp - Pratt & Whitney, Hazen & Sawyer, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Square, Colgate Palmolive, and Intel. Prepare for the career fair by signing up for SEAS Student Resume Reviews on Tuesday, Oct. 22 and Wednesday, Oct. 23 and attending Making the Most of the Engineering Consortium Career Fair in Partnership with Microsoft on Wednesday, Oct. 23 .
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 14-Oct. 25
All Day Event
CCE will be closed during the career fair in Lerner Hall.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 23 and Oct. 25.
- MIT Investment Management Company - Investment Professional (Job ID: 117550)
- Kirby McInerney LLP - Paralegal - Litigation (Job ID: 121055)
- HSBC - 2014 Full-Time Analyst Program – Global Banking - Project & Export Finance (Job ID: 121104)
- Google, Inc. - Associate Product Manager, University Graduate (Job ID: 121314)
- Advancis Medical - Sales Associate (Job ID 122556)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 20 and Oct. 22.
- J.Crew - PT Sales and Support Associates (Job ID: 120826)
- StudioE9 - Social Media Community Manager (Job ID:120937)
The internships listed below expire between Oct. 16 and Oct. 25.
- The Museum of Modern Art - MoMA Spring 2014 Internship Program (Job ID 122216)
- Glasswing International USA - Development & Communications Intern (Job ID 120469)
- HUGO BOSS - Real Estate Intern (Job ID: 119670)
- The Carlyle Group - The Carlyle Group Intern (Job ID: 121275)
- The YES Network - Spring 2014 Communications Intern (Job ID: 121241)
- General Growth Properties - Intern, Capital Markets (Job ID: 120726)
- Travelers - Product Pricing Development Program (PPDP) Internship (Job ID: 121051)
- NBA - NBA Summer Internship Program (Job ID: 121222)
- Jane Street - Software Developers/Quantitative Researchers - Internship 2014 (Job ID: 120956)
- Morgan Stanley - INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: Summer Analyst (Job ID: 121278) 10/25/2013
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below expire between Oct. 21 and Oct. 27 .
- Kobre & Kim LLP - Legal Analyst (Schedule ID: 3363)
- AT&T - AT&T Applications Developer Associate - MATREX (Schedule ID: 3470)
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. - Goldman Sachs Technology Division Summer Analyst (Schedule ID: 3538)
- TIAA-CREF - Junior Analyst, Fixed Income (Schedule ID: 3658)
- TIAA-CREF - Global Private Markets Analyst Rotation Program (Schedule ID: 3657)
Credit Suisse - Americas Talent, Branding and Communications Full Time Analyst (Schedule ID: 3626)