Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Oct. 21-25, 2013
Engineers, Scientists, Mathematicians - this is a big week for you. Make connections with employers over great desserts at the Engineering Career Fair Networking Reception on Thurs., Oct. 24 and meet more employers at the Engineering Career Fair on Fri., Oct. 25. Register ASAP. The list of employers is HERE and includes Arup, Boeing, Colgate Palmolive, L'Oreal, D. E. Shaw Research, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Facebook, and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Prepare with a resume review in Mudd on Tues., Oct. 22/ Wed., Oct. 23 and by attending Making the Most of the Career Fair in partnership with Microsoft on Wed., Oct. 23 .
CC aspiring broadcast journalists, CC alumna and CNN correspondent Poppy Harlow will be here on Wed. evening. Read on for details on this event, a Careers in Service panel, and spring internships in not-for-profit, arts, law, advertising/PR, education, health/nutrition, graphic design, and more!
Niamh and all at CCE
Don’t miss: CCE Spring Internship Programs—DEADLINE SUNDAY, OCT. 27!
If you’re looking for an internship this spring semester, don’t let this week’s deadline for the 60+ opportunities offered through Columbia Arts Experience (CAE), Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA), and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP) pass you by! Internships are offered in a range of fields including not-for-profit, arts, law, advertising/PR, education, health/nutrition, graphic design, and more! View the full list and apply for positions through LionSHARE by this Sunday, Oct. 27. To learn more, stop by this week’s information session on Monday, Oct. 21 at 5p.m.
Careers in Service - Tuesday, Oct. 22 A panel discussion and networking reception with alumni and reps from education and community centered fellowship programs including Teach For America, City Year, New York Teaching Fellows, Blue Engine. Currently, only 8% of students growing up in a low-income community will graduate from college by the age of 24. Want to change that reality? This event is open to all majors and years and will be a great opportunity to learn more about these programs, compare them side-by-side, and network with representatives. Refreshments will be served.
CC Dinner & Discussion Series – Wednesday, Oct. 23
Columbia College students: Apply for the opportunity to have dinner and a conversation with Poppy Harlow, CC alumna and CNN Correspondent! Learn about her career path and ask questions about the field. Space is limited; apply today!
Complete the WetFeet Career Benchmark Survey!
As a key partner to industry, Columbia University is one of only a select few of all educational institutions nationwide that were asked to have our students complete the survey. Your participation helps to increase the visibility and marketability of Columbia University students to employers who recruit on campuses and helps the employers to work on a targeted approach when they recruit on our campus. In addition, you will be compensated for your time with a career toolbox that features two free career guides and a career profile with feedback to measure your aspirations against others among other incentives. Click here to participate.
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 21-Nov. 1
CCE will be closed during the career fair in Lerner Hall.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 23 and Oct. 28.
- General Growth Properties - GGP Real Estate Onboarding Program (Job ID: 121009)
- HSBC - 2014 Full-Time Analyst Program – Global Banking - Project & Export Finance (Job ID: 121104)
- Compass Lexecon - Analyst (Job ID: 120842)
- Citi - Full Time Investment Banking Analyst-Financial Strategy and Solutions Group (Job ID: 121464)
- Unilever - Unilever Future Leaders- Human Resources Management Trainee (Job ID: 122994)
The internships listed below expire between Oct. 23 and Oct. 27.
- Travelers - Product Pricing Development Program (PPDP) Internship (Job ID: 121051)
- Kenexa An IBM Company - INTERN - Statistical Engineer (Job ID: 121400)
- Rodriques Law PLLC - Legal Assistant (Job ID: 121179)
- South Bronx United, Inc. - Event Planning and Fundraising Intern (Job ID: 121271)
- Human Rights Foundation - Program Intern - CCIA (Job ID: 119551)
- Vera Institute of Justice, Inc. - Development Intern - CCIA (Job ID: 119555)
- The Nemec Financial Group - Northwestern Mutual Financial Representative Intern (Job ID: 121021)
- Accion East - Online Community Internship (Job ID: 120536)
- Zerve, Inc. - Paid Internship at Growing Internet, Travel/Leisure Company (Job ID: 121078)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below expire between Oct. 28 and Oct. 31 .
- Con Edison - Management Associate (Schedule ID: 3496)
- Analytic Partners - Associate Analyst - Marketing Mix Consulting (Schedule ID: 3633)
- Kraft Kennedy - Technical Consultant (Schedule ID: 3652)
- AIG - 2014 AIG Summer Internship: Actuarial (Schedule ID: 3661)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 22 and Oct. 28.
- J.Crew - J.Crew - Collection - PT Sales and Support Associates (Job ID: 120826)
- StudioE9 - Social Media Community Manager (Job ID: 120937)
- Metroproof, Inc. - Proofreader (Job ID: 121300)
- NYSE Euronext - Finance Intern (Job ID: 121140)
WorldQuant, LLC - Research Consultant (Job ID: 121203)