Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Oct. 22-26, 2012
For those of you interested in leveraging your strong communication skills, join us next Tuesday, Oct. 30 in Wein to meet with Ogilvy, Google, Finn Partners, Time, The Mets, etc. to chat about advertising, marketing and PR opportunities within a range of organizations.
Read on for more career events and opportunities!
Niamh and all at CCE
Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Columbia (IE@Columbia)
IE@Columbia is a new cross-University program that will nurture and leverage ideas and technologies within Columbia University. Faculty members, staff members, and students from across the University are invited to compete for admission to this program. Learn more at the info session on Oct. 26 .
Burson-Marsteller Office Hours at CCE - Tuesday, Oct. 30
Sign up is open now through LionSHARE (must have On-Campus Recruiting access ). Meet with a recruiter for a 20-minute, one-on-one conversation about the Harold Burson Summer Internship (HBSI) Program. The HBSI Program is a paid internship at one of the U.S. Burson-Marsteller offices.
Industry Showcase: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations - Tuesday, Oct. 30
CCE in collaboration with Columbia Women’s Business Society will hold a panel and networking session with AOL, Burson-Marsteller, Finn Partners, Fresh Digital Group, Google, Ogilvy, Rosetta, S2 Groupe, Time Inc., and more. This event will shed light on the differences between these three industries and allow you to network with professionals from several organizations.
CCE Spring Internship Programs—APPLY NOW!
If you’re looking for an internship this Spring semester, be sure to check-out the 60+ opportunities offered through Columbia Arts Experience (CAE), Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA), and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP). Internships are offered in a range of fields including not-for-profit, arts, law, advertising/PR, education, health/nutrition, graphic design, and more ! View a full list on the CCE website and apply for positions through LionSHARE by Sunday, Nov. 4 . To learn more, attend an upcoming information session on Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 12p.m. or Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 5p.m.
Site Visit to the Apollo Theater - Friday, Nov. 9
Join CCE on a Site Visit to visit the Apollo Theater on Nov. 9 at 1p.m.! This legendary venue has launched the careers of icons such as Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, James Brown and Lauryn Hill. During this visit, you will have the opportunity to meet with members of the Apollo’s Programming Department and find out various career opportunities at Apollo Theater. To register, click here . * Note that Apollo Theater is actively hiring spring interns through CCE’s Columbia Arts Experience Program.
Columbia Finance Mentorship Program (CFMP) , a CU Financial Engineering initiative launched by seniors and comprised of over 20 extraordinary seniors who have all interned at top firms on Wall St. and want to pass on their knowledge to motivated underclassmen. CFMP is now accepting applications for mentees. Apply by Nov 2.
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 22-Nov. 4
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply! The internships listed below expire between Oct. 26 and Nov. 1 .
- GCK Partners - Fall 2012 PR/Marketing Intern (Job ID 91561)
- HFP Capital Markets LLC - Internship (Job ID 91908)
- U.S. Department of Justice - Office of Public Affairs Internship (Job ID 92088)
- Flashpoint Global Partners - Ongoing Intern, Open Source Research Analyst (Job ID 92314)
- Cup & Compass - Cup & Compass Engineer (Job ID 92390)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 26 and Nov. 15 .
- Lord, Abbett & Co. - Portfolio Analyst - Municipal Fixed Income (Job ID 91899)
- Lunexa - Associate Consultant (Job ID 92022)
- Financial Times - Communications Assistant (Job ID 92030)
- GiveWell - Research Analyst (Job ID 92084)
- Columbia University Facilities - Project Coordinator (Job ID 93408)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Check the status of your application for on-campus interviews in the “My Activity > Schedules” section of your LionSHARE profile.
- Once selected to interview through LionSHARE, sign-up occurs on a first come, first served basis.
- Students participating in CCE’s On-Campus Recruiting Program are required to give two full business days’ notice to cancel an interview.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Oct. 28 and Nov. 2 .
- RCLCO - Associate (Schedule ID 3038)
- Addteq, LLC - Unix/Linux Adminstrator (Schedule ID 3045)
- Kobre & Kim LLP - Financial & Legal Analyst (Schedule ID 2921)
- Noom, Inc. - Noom Code Guru Internship (Schedule ID 2735)
- VMware - Intern, Applicators Engineers (Schedule ID 2727)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 26. and Oct. 31.