We hope you and your families are all safe and sound! Our offices are once again open and we have a spring internship info session at 5pm today at CCE. Many employer events and interviews, however, have been postponed or cancelled due to travel difficulties. Details are below. Of course, LionSHARE is still hopping with new internships and jobs so stay tuned to your job agents !
Niamh and all at CCE
- All On-Campus interviews have been cancelled for tomorrow, Nov. 1. Students signed up for interviews have been notified via LionSHARE or directly from the recruiter.
- Barclays, HSBC, and the Federal Reserve have all cancelled their info sessions for tomorrow night, Nov. 1 as well. Intel will still be holding an info session in the CS lounge from 12-1:30p.m. tomorrow.
- All rescheduled events will be posted in LionSHARE when the dates are confirmed.
- Please stay tuned for updates on Friday’s On-Campus interviews as we hear from employers.
- Questions? Call Employer Relations at 212-854-9167.
CCE Spring Internship Programs—APPLY BY SUNDAY!
There are only a few days left to apply for one of the 60+ internship opportunities offered through CCE’s Spring programs, Columbia Arts Experience (CAE), Columbia Communities in Action (CCIA), and the Virtual Internship Program (VIP). Internships are offered in a range of fields including not-for-profit, arts, law, advertising/PR, education, health/nutrition, graphic design, and more! View a full list on the CCE website and apply for positions through LionSHARE by Nov 4 . To learn more, attend an info session tonight, Oct. 31 at 5p.m .
Interviewing Skills Workshop & ISSO Presentation for International Students - Thursday, Nov. 1
Please join this two-part Career workshop by CCE and the International Student and Scholar's Office (ISSO). The first part of the workshop will be on Interviewing skills and the second part of the workshop will be on F-1 Post-Completion Practical Training & documentation prep by ISSO.
Site Visit to the Apollo Theater - Friday, Nov. 9
Join CCE on a Site Visit to visit the Apollo Theater on Nov. 9 at 1p.m.! This legendary venue has launched the careers of icons such as Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, James Brown, and Lauryn Hill. During this visit, you will have the opportunity to meet with members of the Apollo’s Programming Department and find out various career opportunities at Apollo Theater. To register, click here . * Note that Apollo Theater is actively hiring spring interns through CCE’s Columbia Arts Experience Program.
STEP positions are rolling in – check application deadlines!
Find Pre-Approved Science, Technology or Engineering (STEP) positions on LionSHARE by keyword searching “CCESTEP.” Several have been posted over the past week, including Infosys (global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing), and Mondelez (global snack and food brand of former Kraft Foods). Or, if you found your own summer internship, apply to be part of the STEP Program by applying as an Opt-in STEP student to receive all of the same STEP benefits .
Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Columbia (IE@Columbia)
IE@Columbia is a new cross-University program that will nurture and leverage ideas and technologies within Columbia University. Faculty members, staff members, and students from across the University are invited to compete for admission to this program. Learn more during the live webinar on Nov. 1.
Columbia Finance Mentorship Program (CFMP) , a CU Financial Engineering initiative launched by seniors and comprised of over 20 extraordinary seniors who have all interned at top firms on Wall St. and want to pass on their knowledge to motivated underclassmen. CFMP is now accepting applications for mentees. Apply by Nov 2.
Calendar at a Glance: Oct. 29 - Nov. 9
CCE closed for the Election Day holiday.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the mean time, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply! The internships listed below expire between Nov. 9 and Nov. 14 .
- American Civil Liberties Union - WRP Spring 2013 Undergraduate Internship - Women's Rights Project (Job ID 93012)
- Chobani - Communication Intern, Digital/Public Relations (Job ID 92974)
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York - Internship Economic Education (Job ID 93266)
- CBS Networks Inc. - Distribution and Operations Intern (12932BR) (Job ID 93320)
- Amnesty International USA - Executive Major Gifts Internship (Job ID 93185)
The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 9 and Nov. 11 .
- Exegy, Inc - Technical Account Manager (Job ID 92930)
- Compass Lexecon - Analyst - Compass Lexecon NY (Job ID 92975)
- Manna Project International - Guatemala Program Director (Job ID 92904)
- RIA in a Box - Sales Associate (Job ID 92889)
- GigaOM - Business Development Consultant, GigaOM Research (Job ID 93176)
Important reminders for students participating in On-Campus Recruiting:
- Check the status of your application for on-campus interviews in the “My Activity > Schedules” section of your LionSHARE profile.
- Once selected to interview through LionSHARE, sign-up occurs on a first come, first served basis.
- Students participating in CCE’s On-Campus Recruiting Program are required to give two full business days’ notice to cancel an interview.
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedules listed below close between Oct. 31 and Nov. 15 .
- FactSet Research Systems Inc.- Software Engineer (Schedule ID 2780)
- 1stdibs- Java Software Engineer (Web Developer) (Schedule ID 3017)
- Rakuten LinkShare- IT Intern, Software Engineering (Schedule ID 3043)
- Insurance Services Office, Inc.- Actuarial Analyst (Schedule ID 3052)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The jobs listed below expire between Nov. 9 and Nov. 16 .
- Kaplan Test Prep- Part-time Test Prep Instructor (Job ID 92927)
- The JCC in Manhattan- Part Time Administrative Asst. (Job ID 93161)
- Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding- Workplace/Health Care Project Assistant (Job ID 89350)
- HighTower Advisors- Marketing Intern (Financial Advisory) (Job ID 93446)
Geller & Company- Accounting Intern (Job ID 93383)