It was lovely to meet so many of you at last week’s Open House and we hope to see many more of you at the Fall Career Fair this Friday, Sept. 20 from 11a.m-4p.m. Don’t miss the opportunity to connect with employers for internships and jobs…but first make sure your resumes are ready and you’ve researched your target companies from the 130+ participants listed here . First years through seniors will find valuable insider tips for success from a Unilever recruiter and CCE at Making the Most of the Fall Career Fair on Wednesday, Sept. 18 at 7:30p.m. in Room 501, Northwest Corner Building. Also Register for the fair by Sept. 18 at 11:59p.m. to receive a Pre-Registered Pass.
Niamh and all at CCE
Work Exemption Program Fall 2013 - Application Deadline: Wednesday, Sept. 18
If your plans for the fall semester include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity and you are a CC or SEAS student, you may be eligible for the Work Exemption Program for fall 2013. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Sept. 18.
Mock Interview Night Program - Sept. 25, Oct. 2, and Oct. 9
Are you ready for the fall interviewing season? CCE career counselors will partner with Columbia alumni on Sept. 25 , Oct. 2 , and Oct. 9 to provide mock interviews. Gain experience, practice your skills, receive feedback, and improve your interview performance! Students can call CCE at 212-854-5609 to schedule 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Slots available on a first come, first served basis.
In addition to the chance to practice interviewing with an alum above, check out the new columbia student led Mock Interview Initiative which allows you to find other students to practice with based on your interests and schedule. Register now and start practicing tomorrow!
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 16-27
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 25 and Sept. 29.
- Bank of America - Markets Risk Analyst Program (MRAP) (Job ID: 11823)
- Google, Inc. - Associate Product Manager, University Graduate (Job ID: 118244)
- Cambridge Associates LLC - Consulting Associate (Job ID: 118333)
- Rosetta - Associate Account Executive (Job ID: 118829)
- McKinsey & Company - Business Analyst (Job ID: 119346)
The internships listed below expire between Sept. 26 and Sept. 28.
- Seven Rooms - Business Development Intern (Job ID: 118524)
- MMGY Global - 2013 Fall PR Internship (PT) (Job ID: 118626)
- CleanEdison - Sustainability Government Relations Fall Intern (Job ID: 118747)
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company - Actuarial Trainee (Entry-level) (Job ID: 118434)
- Palantir Technologies - Technical Internship Opportunities at Palantir (Job ID: 118625)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Sept. 21 and Sept. 25.
- Health Advances - Analyst (Schedule ID: 2760)
- NERA Economic Consulting - Research Associate (Schedule ID: 3353)
- MBI, Inc. - Product Marketing Management (Schedule ID: 3365)
- Bloomingdale's - Buying Executive Development Program (Schedule ID: 3377)
- Simon-Kucher & Partners - Consultant (Schedule ID: 3390)
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 25 and Sept. 28.
- BrightLot - Inside Sales / Business Development / Marketing, Associate (Job ID: 116168)
- IvySage Education LLC - IvySage Tutor (Job ID: 118017)
- Gillilayo - Computer Scientist/Software Engineer for Start-up Company (Job ID: 118282)
- Columbia Student Calling Center - Columbia Student Calling Center (Job ID: 118533)
Columbia University CUIT - Research Computing Intern (Job ID: 118755)