Happy first day of classes!
Seniors, you might be starting a full time job search, evaluating an offer from a summer internship, preparing applications for graduate school, or paralyzed by the thought of leaving Columbia! Irrespective of where you are, prioritize visiting our Center to discuss your plans and connect with employers, alumni, and resources that match your interests. That goes for Juniors, Sophomores and First Years too! Once you're acclimated to classes, visit us and we'll help you to connect with relevant opportunities and resources.
We invite all of you to join us on Friday, Sept. 13 for our second annual Open House ! Enjoy free Korilla Korean BBQ, enter a raffle for a Kindle Fire HD, and chat with us about what we have to offer, including jobs and internships, alumni connections, career advising and workshops. Follow #CCEOpenHouse on Twitter for more info.
We look forward to seeing you!
Niamh and all at CCE
Center for Career Education On-Campus Interview (OCI) Policy Changes and How to Re-gain Access
Based on recent employer and student feedback, we have updated our OCI policies and procedures. NOTE: all students must gain or re-gain OCI access* by completing a mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and signing acceptance of the new policies and procedures. For more information, please click here . *NOTE this applies to everyone - even if you had OCI access prior to 7/1/2013.
2nd Annual CCE Video Contest – Still Time to Submit!
Did you intern this summer and create a video all about your experience? If so, submit it to the CCE Video Contest by September 11, 2013. One Grand Prize Winner will receive over $100 worth of Columbia gear! Prizes also available for 3 runners-up! For submission details, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Work Exemption Program Fall 2013
If your plans for the fall semester include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity and you are a CC or SEAS student, you may be eligible for the Work Exemption Program for fall 2013. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Sept.18. Please review eligibility and application process .
Out for Undergraduate Technology Conference (Oct. 19-20) Hosted by Facebook in Menlo Park, CA
The mission of this conf. is to educate, inspire and advance LGBT undergraduates in challenging technical and non-technical positions within the world’s leading technology companies. Students will have opportunities to meet professionals from sponsoring firms. Apply via the website . Note: Accepted students are eligible for a travel stipend to cover the travel and hotel expenses. Any questions? Contact Eric Schwartz at email@example.com .
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 2-13
CCE closed for Labor Day.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 13 and Sept. 20.
- Barclays Capital Asia Limited - Full-time Analyst 2014 - Investment Banking Division (Job ID: 117231)
- Mercer - Talent Consulting Analyst 2014 (Job ID: 117444)
- MicroStrategy - Corporate Associate (Job ID: 117820)
- Time Inc. - Junior Developer (Application Engineering & Development) (Job ID: 117460)
- The Research Alliance for New York City Schools, NYU - Junior Research Analyst – Technical/Programmer (Job ID: 117490)
The internships listed below expire between Sept. 13 and Sept. 20.
- Outside Art - Independent film production company Fundraising Intern (Job ID: 118275)
- NBCUniversal - CSR Intern (Job ID: 115648)
- Langan Engineering & Environmental Services - Cooperative Education Opportunities – Civil, Geotechnical, Environmental, Survey or Traffic (Job ID:117238)
- Next Opportunity Group - Management Consulting Internship (Job ID: 117246)
- Barneys New York - Fall Internship (Job ID: 117380)
- NYC Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene - Intern (Job ID: 117739)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below close on Sept. 12.
- Citi - Private Bank Full Time Analyst (Schedule ID: 3194)
- Harvard Management Company, Inc. - Absolute Return - Associate Analyst (Schedule ID: 3291)
- AppNexus - Software Engineer (Schedule ID: 3294)
- Hall Capital Partners LLC - Analyst (Entry Level), Portfolio Management Grou p (Schedule ID: 3497)
- BlackRock - Client Businesses 2014 Analyst (Schedule ID: 3315)
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 14 and Sept. 18.
- Columbia University - The Earth Institute - Academic Governance and Research Internship (Job ID: 117368)
- SMARTANALYST, Inc. - Intern for Healthcare Consulting Firm (Job ID: 117439)
- L'Oreal USA - Intern - Administrative- Research & Innovation (Job ID: 117479)
- Ivy Link - Private Tutor for Standardized Tests and Various Academic Subjects (Job ID: 117562)
- Christie's, Inc. - Viewing Assistant (Job ID: 117466)
New Columbia Student Clubs
Columbia Undergraduate Consulting Club - Through informational events, case study workshops, and networking opportunities, CUCC will offer students unparallelled opportunities to learn and advance as problem solvers and team players. Case practice sessions will be held on Thursdays from 8-10pm. Contact Nicole Bleuel at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information and complete the form to join the group's listserv.
Columbia University Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Club - CU@CFA seeks to educate students about the world of finance and prepare students to take the CFA examinations through speakers, weekly study sessions, CFA discounts, and advising. Sign up here .