Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Sept. 23-27, 2013
It was good to see so many of you at the Fall Career Fair making connections with employers in education, fashion, consumer products, gov't agencies, consulting, and so on.
A highlight this week is Careers in International Development: Working with Dalberg . Come chat with members of this global consulting and advisory firm focused on raising standards of living worldwide and addressing global challenges. Check the LionSHARE posting HERE .
Another highlight is our group site visit on Friday to Sony Music to meet with alumni and other staff to learn about their hiring for all depts including Artist and Repertoire, Creative Group, Digital, International, Urban, and Strategic Marketing, Finance, HR, Music Licensing, Production, and TV/ Film/ Soundtracks. RSVP ASAP to join the visit and make connections in the music industry!
Niamh and all at CCE
Mock Interview Night Program - Sept. 25, Oct. 2, and Oct. 9
Are you ready for the fall interviewing season? CCE career counselors will partner with Columbia alumni on Sept. 25 , Oct. 2 , and Oct. 9 to provide mock interviews. Gain experience, practice your skills, receive feedback, and improve your interview performance! Students can call CCE at 212-854-5609 to schedule 30 minute one-on-one sessions. Slots available on a first come, first served basis.
In addition to the chance to practice interviewing with an alum above, check out the new Columbia student led Mock Interview Initiative which allows you to find other students to practice with based on your interests and schedule. Register now and start practicing tomorrow!
Interested in Finding a Position Abroad?
Whether you are looking for an international experience for the summer or an opportunity beyond graduation, we have a workshop for you! Join us for the Find a Position Abroad Workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 8 from 5-6p.m. in the CCE Conference Room. We will go over recommendations on how to search for an international experience (full-time, intern, teach, or volunteer) as well as the different types of opportunities that are available and factors to consider before, during and after your search.
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 23-Oct. 4
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 4 and Oct. 11.
- Raines International - Research Associate (Job ID 117518)
- PepsiCo - Finance Assistant Analyst (Job ID 119179)
- Yext - Software Engineer (Job ID 119692)
- LinkedIn - GSO University - Program Rotation Associate (Job ID 119815)
- D. E. Shaw Research - Early Career Scientists and Engineers: Computational Biochemistry Research Group (Full-time and Summer Intern) (Job ID 119878)
The internships listed below expire between Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.
- OSP Group - Online Marketing Intern - E-mail Marketing (Job ID 117891)
- Callida Energy - Big Data Startup Software Internship (Job ID 119345)
- Christian Dior Couture - Merchandising Intern - Fall 2013 (Job ID 119702)
- Verizon Communications Inc. - Engineering Internship Opportunities (Job ID 119480)
- MGM Resorts International - Management Associate Program (MAP ) (Job ID 119988)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Sept. 28 and Oct. 2.
- IBM - Entry-level Strategy & Transformation Consultant - Commercial Sector (Schedule ID 3327)
- Eastdil Secured - Analyst (Schedule ID 3618)
- VISA Inc. - New Graduate Development Program (Schedule ID 3395)
- J.P. Morgan - 2014 Corporate Summer Internship Development Program (Schedule ID 3509)
- Brookstone Partners - Investment Analyst (Schedule ID 3580)
- Atalaya Capital Management LP - Investment Analyst (Schedule ID 3562)
The jobs listed below expire between Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.
- Veritas Prep - SAT (Job ID 119181)
- Rollinglobe Media, LLC - Travel Agent – International Leisure Sales (Job ID 119351)
- Audicus - Blogger for Healthcare Startup (Job ID 119891)
- Columbia Business School - Research Assistant (Job ID 119956)
Why-Q? - Guest Services Host (Job ID 119959)