Center for Career Education - This week at CCE: Sept. 9-13, 2013
Are you wondering how the Career Center can connect you with internship and jobs, help you prepare to be competitive in application/interview processes, and support your networking in fields of interest? Have you bought into the myth that all we do is finance? Meet with us this Friday, 9/13 from 12-4pm at the CCE Open House and get the facts and resources to support your interests. Come early and enjoy Korilla Korean BBQ too! Follow #CCEOpenHouse on Twitter for more info.
Then on 9/20 meet employers at the Fall Career Fair, which include Council on Foreign Relations, Christies, Unilever, NYC Dept. Of Environmental Protection, Nera Economic Consulting, and many more. See more details and link to all participating employers below.
Enjoy the activities fair today and see you on Friday!
Niamh and all at CCE
2nd Annual CCE Video Contest – Still Time to Submit!
Did you intern this summer and create a video all about your experience? If so, submit it to the CCE Video Contest by September 11, 2013. One Grand Prize Winner will receive over $100 worth of Columbia gear! Prizes also available for 3 runners-up! For submission details, visit http://bit.ly/NeeFDM .
Work Exemption Program Fall 2013
If your plans for the fall semester include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity and you are a CC or SEAS student, you may be eligible for the Work Exemption Program for fall 2013. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Sept.18. Please review eligibility and application process .
Fall Career Fair
Touch up your resume and practice your introduction for the 130+ employers, including Viacom, Amazon, Teach for America, and Oliver Wyman, that are coming to campus for the Fall Career Fair on Friday, Sept. 20 . Prepare for the fair by attending Making the Most of the Career Fair on Wednesday, Sept. 18 . Register for the fair by Sept. 18 at 11:59p.m. to receive a Pre-Registered Pass.
Center for Career Education On-Campus Interview (OCI) Policy Changes and How to Re-gain Access
Based on recent employer and student feedback, we have updated our OCI policies and procedures. NOTE: all students must gain or re-gain OCI access* by completing a mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and signing acceptance of the new policies and procedures. For more information, please click here . *NOTE this applies to everyone - even if you had OCI access prior to 7/1/2013.
Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 9-20
CCE will be closed for the career fair.
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss a single opportunity! In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current positions that we thought might be of interest to you. Employers are posting positions every day, and the active employment and internship opportunities below are just a small sample of the thousands currently available. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today.
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 18 and Sept. 21.
- Waste Management - IT Management Analyst (Job ID: 117504)
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. - Securities, Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities Analyst (Job ID: 117556 )
- Microsoft Corporation - Full Time Software Development Position (Job ID: 117569)
- WorldQuant Research (India) - Private Limited Quantitative Researcher (Job ID: 117637)
- Deloitte - Analyst - Human Capital, Actuarial Consulting - Columbia University (Job ID: 118018)
The internships listed below expire between Sept. 20 and Sept. 21.
- Penn, Schoen and Berland - Fall Market Research Internship (Job ID: 115299)
- NBCUniversal - CSR Intern (Job ID: 115648)
- Prada USA - Fall 2013 Prada Repair Lab Intern (Job ID: 117991)
- Barclays Capital Asia Limited - Barclays Asia Pacific Summer Analyst 2014 - Investment Banking Division (Job ID: 117636)
- CPM Group - Asset Management and Commodities Management Intern (Job ID: 118142)
Below are just a few of the employers recruiting on campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Interview access? Complete the new, mandatory On-Campus Recruiting Program Overview online training and sign off on the new policies and procedures. The schedules listed below between Sept. 13 and Sept. 17 .
- Citi - Citi Institutional Clients Group Full-Time Technology Analyst Program (Schedule ID: 3544)
- Lord, Abbett & Co. - Investment Associate, Rotational Program (Schedule ID: 3339)
- Houlihan Lokey - Financial Analyst - Corporate Finance or Financial Restructuring (Schedule ID: 3304)
- MMG Partners - Analyst (Schedule ID: 3398)
- Google, Inc. - Software Engineering Intern -Summer 2014 (Schedule ID: 3585)
- Fidelity Investments - Equity Research Associate (Schedule ID: 3320)
- Morgan Stanley - 2014 Full Time Corporate Treasury Analyst Program (Schedule ID: 3292)
- RCLCO - Associate (Schedule ID: 3293)
The jobs listed below expire between Sept. 15 and Sept. 18.
- Global Apprenticeship - Campus Ambassador Program (Job ID: 114896)
- Eskolta - Research Intern (Job ID: 117510)
- Hudson Heights Pediatrics - Clinical and Administrative Assistant (Job ID: 117536)
- Mandarin Literacy Institute - Mandarin Teacher(s) (Job ID: 117602)
Ideal Entertainment Inc. - Social Media App Developer (Job ID: 117712)