Office of Academic and Research Programs, The Earth Institute, Columbia University
Start Date: February 8, 2013
Deadline to Apply: February 1, 2013
Compensation: $15/hour for up to 20 hours per week
Number of Positions: 2
Description: The Office of Academic and Research Programs is seeking two interns to assist with projects through the spring semester. The intern will support the office in the following areas: event support, marketing and outreach, database management, contact development, website and communications development, and other functions as assigned by the Manager of the Office of Academic and Research Programs and the Associate Director of Education.
Anticipated Intern Tasks:
- Conduct outreach to organizations for the 2013 All-Ivy Career Fair and provide logistical support to registered recruiters (shipment of their materials, responding to inquiries, etc)
- Event support: provide assistance with registration and logistics (including set up and break down) at upcoming Earth Institute events
- Assist with the maintenance of marketing contacts and updating the marketing calendar
- Review and update OARP’s multiple contact lists
- Conduct online research to increase contacts for the contact database
- Draft articles for the State of the Planet Blog and the Earth Institute website
- Organize incoming invoices and support the Manager of OARP in billing procedures
- Assist with the administrative support of the academic programs of the Earth Institute as needed (e.g. MPA in Environmental Science and Policy and MS in Sustainability Management)
- Other organizational and administrative duties as assigned by the Manager of OARP and the Associate Director of Education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a high level of computer skills, most importantly Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently
Type of Student Desired:
- Graduate or undergraduate
- Strong interest in environmental and sustainable development issues
To apply, please fill out an online application at http://redir.targetx.com/cgi-bin/email/redir.cgi?id=0001052069-126447479. You must include a cover letter and a resume.
For questions about these positions, please contact Nathan Rudder, Senior Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.