Peer Adviser Post: TIPS FOR FIRST-YEARS
TIPS FOR FIRST-YEARS
1) Professors are friendly- office hours are a good thing.
2) No one expects you to figure everything out as soon as you get here.
3) It’s not a competition on who can sleep the least or stress out the most.
4) You’re not going to be a New Yorker in a day- it’s okay if you get off on the wrong subway stop.
5) Find your library- try different study spaces.
6) Student rush tickets and the TIC are good deals.
7) College is just as much about figure out who you are, what you care about, and what makes you happy as it is about grades or anything else.
8) Self-advocacy is essential here; use your voice to speak up about what you need.
9) Everyone is here because they are extraordinary in some way; don’t let little things prevent you from seeing how remarkable your peers are.
10) GO SEE YOUR PEER ADVISERS!
If you have questions or comments please email your Peer Advisers at: email@example.com
Stressed about classes? Confused about internship-hunting? Just need someone to talk to?
Ask the CSA Peer Advisers!
Monday- Wednesday: 5-8pm in 403 Lerner
Thursday: 1-4pm on Lerner Ramps (NEW TIME & LOCATION)
See you then!