Department of Psychology
2012 Spring Majors Forum
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
8:10 PM in 200B Schermerhorn Hall
Who is this for?
* Psychology Majors and Concentrators
* Neuroscience and Behavior Majors
* Psychology Postbacs
* Prospective Majors
What's it all about?
* Academic program planning
* Preparation for fall registration
* Program and Peer advisors will be on hand to answer your questions about:
Planning your Psychology program or Neuroscience & Behavior program
Courses -- what to take and when
Getting involved in research
Taking psychology seminars
The Honors Program
The Peer Advising Network
Who will be there?
Profs. Sarah Woolley and Deborah Mowshowitz - Neuroscience & Behavior Major Advisors
Profs. Patricia Lindemann and Carl Hart - Psychology Major Advisors
Prof. Lois Putnam - Director of Undergraduate Programs
Andres Torres - Undergraduate Curriculum Assistant
Your Peer Advisors
Rebecca Schnall - Career Services Representative
What are we going to do?
* Meet together for introductory remarks and Q & A
* Break-out into separate groups for Neuroscience & Behavior (200c) and Psychology (200b)
* Meet one-on-one and in small groups for course planning, honors program questions, and career services questions
PIZZA AND REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED!
**Come early for a video screening of PSYCHOLOGY CAREERS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY - starting at 7:45 PM in 200C Schermerhorn Hall