Learn about career options with Columbia alumni and other professionals!
Connecting with alumni is one of the best ways to get career guidance and insider information on organizations and fields that are of interest to you. Interested in alternative energy? Sign up to meet with Sabrina Hawkins, SEAS ’07, a chemical engineer at ATK Defense during Friday’s Professional in Residence program . Next week, network with alumni of color, LGBT alumni and other industry professionals in the healthcare sector during our Diversity Career Panel . Check out our connect with alumni page for more ways to take advantage of the vast resources Columbia alumni have to offer, including profiles of alumni who have shared their stories and experiences.
Have you heard of the On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) Program?
Juniors, attend one of the upcoming OCR Power Half Hours ( 4/11 , 4/16 ) to learn more about the program, which provides students with access to some of the most competitive companies and with the opportunity to attend employer info sessions and interviews on campus.
Professionals in Residence – April 13th, 9am-1pm
Interested in learning more about career paths in alternative energy? Meet one-on-one with Sabrina Hawkins, Chemical Engineer at ATK Defense, as she holds office hours at CCE. You can learn about potential career tracks, ask about interviewing and resumes and gain insider advice on the alternative energy industry. Secure your 20-minute appointment by emailing Lisa Dicce with your availability that day.
Diversity Career Alumni Panel - Careers In Healthcare - April 18th, 6-7:30pm
Network with alumni of color, industry professionals and LGBT alumni working in the healthcare sector! This will be an informal, intimate panel where alumni will share their professional experience and industry insights through the lenses of their identities. Refreshments will be provided. Confirmed Panelists: Calvin Sun , Sheela Alexander , Dr. Mona Sharaan , and Dr. Mostafa El Khashab .
CU In: Connect with Columbia Students & Alumni Mentors Across the Country this Summer!
If you’re planning to be in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington, DC this summer, join the CU In Network to connect with other Columbia students in the area and an Alumni Mentor in your field of interest. Check out some of these summer internships in CU In cities , or find your own position and join !
*NEW* STEP Positions
Check out this week’s new STEP positions at R3 Energy Management Audit & Review (Energy Sustainability Intern) and Wildlife Conservation Society (IT Department Intern) . Apply soon, as deadlines are quickly approaching!
Calendar at a Glance: April 9-20
All Day Event
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that we thought might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today! The internships listed below expire between April 13 and April 19 .
- Committee of Friends of Michael Chan - Press Relations/Communications Coordinator (ID 77507)
- Minsa Cho - Production Internship (ID 77587)
- Jacqueline A. Carleton - Research Internship Position with Clinical Psychology Journal (ID 77609)
- The Do Call Company - Animation/Design Intern (ID 77630)
- samantha slaven publicity - Summer Intern - CU In (ID 75183)
- AMC Networks Inc - AMC Digital Video Intern (ID 77292)
- YingHua Language & Leadership Summer Institute - Teaching/Residential Assistant (ID 77399)
- Internmatch - Human Capital Intern - (ID 77564)
- Spector and Associates - Public Relations Internship - Health Care Communications (ID 77576)
- Wildlife Conservation Society - I.T. Department Intern - CCESTEP (ID 78741)
The jobs listed below expire between April 13 and April 19 .
- Alpha Public Schools - Be the Reason a Child Graduates from College - Become a Founding Teacher at Alpha Middle School (ID 74638)
- Cooper & Dunham LLP - PARALEGAL (ID 77133)
- Learn Without Limits - Curriculum Creator (ID 77198)
- LiquidityBook, LLC - Junior Project Manager (ID 77329)
- Linden Trust for Conservation - Program Analyst (ID 77351)
- Charles River Associates - Analyst - Life Sciences (ID 77488)
- Playworks - Playworks: Bringing play to elementary school children (AmeriCorps) (ID 77531)
- XpoDigital - R&D Position / Software Developer in the Private Sector (ID 77541)
- Technolutions, Inc - Program Manager (ID 77577)
- MetroPool, Inc. - Outreach and Customer Service Coordinator (ID 77686)
Below is just one of the employers recruiting on-campus that you may have missed. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply. Don't have On-Campus Recruiting in your account? Go to OCR ACCESS . The schedule listed below closes on April 16 .
- ScrollMotion - Internship (Schedule ID: 2657)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The positions listed below expire between April 15 and April 19.
- Temp Time - After School Babysitter (ID 66931)
- Temp Time - Part-time Babysitter (ID 77264)
- Aon Homes - REAL ESTATE & EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST INTERN (ID 77322)
- Chinatown YMCA - After School Counselor (ID 77464)
- Jumpstart for Young Children - 2012-2013 Opportunities w/Jumpstart (ID 77498)
- Black Box Universe - Social Network Development and Research (ID 77598)
- Jspace, LLC - Outreach Ambassador (ID 77658)
- Academic Resource Center - ARC Tutor (ID 77684)
- Appen Butler Hill - Native Iraqi speakers required (ID 77431)
Experience Teaching Abroad Ltd. - Combine Volunteering and Fun with our Volunteer Teaching Projects 2012 (ID 77568)