This week at CCE: March 26-30, 2012
Did you attend Media Networking Night or the Startup Career Fair?
Or have you recently been in touch with networking or employer contacts elsewhere? A key step in developing that relationship is following up! If you're not sure how to go about initiating further contact, take a look at some video tips from employers who attended the Startup Career Fair and as well as CCE Tipsheets on making the most of networking events and writing follow-up letters .
Professionals in Residence – March 28, 9am-1pm
Learn about potential career tracks, ask about interviewing and resumes and gain insider advice on the media industry through one-on-one meetings with professionals from Google and Colin Cowie Lifestyle. To sign-up, email Lisa Dicce with your availability for the day.
Want to work in Public Relations and Communications? – March 29, 3:30-5:30pm
Join CCE on a visit to Ruder Finn, one of the largest communications and public relations firms in the world! All students are welcome! Seniors, learn more about Ruder Finn's highly respected Full-Time Executive Training Program and apply by April 2nd. Register and learn more here .
Columbia College Dinner and Discussion Series - April 2, 6-8pm
If you are interested in meeting a young alum who is running his own start-up, apply to have dinner and conversation with Jared Hecht CC '09 , who has made headlines as co-founder of GroupMe , a messaging application. Jared can also talk about his experience managing Inside New York and doing business development for Tumblr.
CU In: Connect with Columbia Students & Alumni Mentors Across the Country this Summer!
If you’re planning to be in Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington, DC this summer, join the CU In Network to connect with other Columbia students in the area and an Alumni Mentor in your field of interest. Check out some of these summer internships in CU In cities , or find your own position and join !
Found your own Science Engineering & Technology Internship? If so, apply to be a STEP participant by April 8th!
This year you can apply to STEP even if you have found your own internship.
Benefits include: expanding your network with alumni and students in the field & receiving career support throughout your experience. For additional benefits, see here .
Still looking for a position? Check out: *NEW* Citi , Infosys , and Celgene opportunities.
Financial Aid Support for Unpaid Internship, Research, and Volunteer Opportunities
Do your plans for the summer include an unpaid internship, research, or volunteer opportunity? If you are a Columbia College or SEAS student you may be eligible for consideration for the Work Exemption Program for summer 2012. The deadline for consideration is April 18 . See eligibility and the application process details .
Columbia College Alumni and Parent Internship Fund 2012
Apply to fund your unpaid summer internship! Currently registered Columbia College rising juniors and seniors, in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA, who receive Columbia grant-based financial aid and have secured an unpaid internship for summer 2012 are eligible to apply. Applications are due on April 18, 2012.
Calendar at a Glance: March 26 - April 6
Set up a job agent in LionSHARE so you don't miss an internship or job. In the meantime, we've pulled a few examples of current opportunities that we thought might be of interest to you. View details via the links and log on to LionSHARE to apply today! The internships listed below expire between March 30 and April 4 .
- Northstar Travel Media LLC - Editorial Internship, Incentive (ID 53685)
- The Sikh Coalition - Social Justice Advocacy Intern, Summer 2012 (ID 74304)
- Travelzoo - Production Intern (ID 75922)
- Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo - Press Intern, Office of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo (ID 76357)
- The Kitchen - Curatorial Summer Internship - CCASSIP (ID 77687)
- Variety - Editorial Intern, Variety (ID 75998)
- Launch Collective - Online Marketing Internship (ID 75999)
- Learning Society Inc. - Marketing Intern (ID 76068)
- ClassWish.org - Bookkeeping Internship with ClassWish.org. Make a Difference! Internship in NYC (ID 76197)
- JWT - Public Relations Intern (ID 76391)
The jobs listed below expire between March 30 and April 5 .
- Story Pirates - Fellowship for Arts Administration and Producing 2012-13 (ID 76183)
- CANA Academy Limited - Business Studies Tutor (ID 65088)
- Harmon, Curran, Spielberg + Eisenberg, LLP - Paralegal (ID 75959)
- Energy Capital Partners - Analyst - Investor Relations (ID 75976)
- NTK Academic Group - French/Spanish Teacher (ID 76232)
- WebpageFX - Jr. Web Project Manager (ID 76263)
- Fly Communications, Inc - Junior Copywriter (ID 76283)
- Roblox - Game Designer (ID 76350)
- NopSec - Graphic Designer (ID 76390)
- Consulate General of Uruguay - Technical Administrative Assistant (ID 76414)
Looking for more part-time positions? Search "Temp Time" under "Employer Name" in LionSHARE. The positions listed below expire between March 30 and April 5.
- IvySage Education LLC - IvySage GMAT Tutor (ID 75960)
- Aon Homes - Writing Internship (ID 75992)
- Civilian Complaint Review Board - Community Outreach and Grant Writer Intern - Spring 2012 (ID 76046)
- QWANZ - Social Media Writer / Editor - Community Manager (ID 76150)
- Columbia Student Calling Center - Columbia Student Caller (ID 76244)
- Lighthouse International - Graphic Design Internship (ID 76322)
- Lubona Corporation - PR Intern for Salsa educational program (ID 76403)
- Coridea NC1 - Part Time Biomedical Engineer (ID 76495)
- Why-Q? - Paid Focus Group: Film Students (ID 76387)
Temp Time - Babysitter, Greenwich, CT (Summer) (ID 76024)