September 16, 2014 - 1:56pm
In This Issue: Sept. 15-19
- CCE Employer News - Learn more about our collaboration with the digital advertising and marketing company DigitasLBi.
- Announcements - Prepare for the CCE Fall Career Fair on Tuesday, and attend the fair on Friday.
- Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 15-19 - Hone your interviewing skills by scheduling a mock interview on Sept. 17, Sept. 23, or Oct. 1.
- LionSHARE Opportunities - Apply to work at the NBA, intern with an advertising agency, interview with The Boeing Company, and more.
September 16, 2014 - 11:25am
President Lee C. Bollinger invites you to join him in welcoming global leaders to the 12th annual World Leaders Forum.
Please note the following:
September 12, 2014 - 5:07pm
Scientific Research Workshops
- Part I: What is Science Research?
- Part II: Research at Columbia: the What, When and How
- Friday Oct. 10th, 1:00–2:00 p.m., 401 Lerner
September 12, 2014 - 4:55pm
HELP ROOMS AND PRIVATE TUTORING
September 11, 2014 - 5:09pm
Columbia has launched a new spring semester study abroad program in Istanbul, building upon existing relationships with Boğaziçi University and the Columbia Global Center in Turkey. The program is anchored by two seminars, taught by Columbia Professors Martha Howell and Karen Van Dyck, that address the question of how, from the Middle Ages to the present, westerners have interpreted and incorporated features of Greek culture in Istanbul.
September 11, 2014 - 5:08pm
Come learn more about studying abroad in Kyoto! Students on the program Take advanced coursework in Japanese language at the 3rd, 4th & 5th year levels plus courses in Japanese studies. Additionally, students participate in a Community Involvement Project (do volunteer work, join a student club, or study a Japanese art with a mentor) and live with a homestay family. Need-based Scholarships available and vary between $500-$5,000.
September 9, 2014 - 11:13am
The Writing Center provides writing support to the entire Columbia community, from first-year undergraduates to faculty. In one-on-one consultations and workshops, our consultants offer feedback and strategies to help you improve at every stage of your writing, from brainstorming to final drafts. To learn more about what happens in a Writing Center consultation, click here.
Writing Center Schedule, Fall 2014