In partnership with Princeton, Columbia runs a field semester abroad program in the Spring focusing on ecology, evolutionary biology, conservation biology, environmental engineering, and sustainable development. Based at Princeton's Mpala Research Centre, student also travel to places such as the forested slopes of Mt. Kenya, the wildlife-rich savannas of Laikipia, and the coffee and tea plantations of western Kenya.
Supported by a generous grant from President Lee C. Bollinger, the Presidential Global Fellowship funds a highly select group of current first year CC, SEAS and GS students to study abroad in summer 2015. The Fellowship aims to help these students develop a strong global foundation for their Columbia education by supporting them in finding meaningful opportunities to engage a broad range of global topics throughout their undergraduate career.
Columbia University in Beijing provides a rare opportunity for advanced students to directly enroll in a broad range of courses at Tsinghua University, one of China's top institutions. In order to apply, students must have completed at least three years of college-level Chinese, preferably more, or the equivalent, and have a firm grasp of reading and writing in Chinese. Students who have completed at least two years of Chinese in heritage tracks (W track at Columbia) may also apply. Come learn more on Wednesday, September 24th from 4-5 p.m.
The Columbia in Paris program located at Reid Hall, Columbia’s Global Center in Europe, offers students an incredible opportunity to master French language skills by engaging in immersive academic coursework in a variety of majors while integrating into French culture. There are NEW opportunities to take Art or Music Humanities at Reid Hall starting Spring 2015. The equivalent of at least two years of college- level French is required to participate in the program.
At the recommendation of President Bollinger, the UCGT is pleased to add a teaching component to the World Leaders Forum available exclusively to undergraduate students. As part of this special initiative, the UCGT is hosting two pre-event workshops with faculty experts TODAY Friday, September 19th.
In This Issue: Sept. 15-19
- CCE Employer News - Learn more about our collaboration with the digital advertising and marketing company DigitasLBi.
- Announcements - Prepare for the CCE Fall Career Fair on Tuesday, and attend the fair on Friday.
- Calendar at a Glance: Sept. 15-19 - Hone your interviewing skills by scheduling a mock interview on Sept. 17, Sept. 23, or Oct. 1.
- LionSHARE Opportunities - Apply to work at the NBA, intern with an advertising agency, interview with The Boeing Company, and more.
President Lee C. Bollinger invites you to join him in welcoming global leaders to the 12th annual World Leaders Forum.
Please note the following:
Scientific Research Workshops
- Part I: What is Science Research?
- Friday Sept. 26th, 1:00-2:30 p.m., 401 Lerner – flyer can be found here.
- Part II: Research at Columbia: the What, When and How
- Friday Oct. 10th, 1:00–2:00 p.m., 401 Lerner