In order to volunteer at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital, your Advising Dean must fill out this form.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following are a list of frequently asked questions from across Student Affairs collected here in one place for your convenience. You can browse by topic/department or search by keyword.
Center for Student Advising, Time Away
The minimum requirements to be permitted to study abroad are:
- GPA above 3.0
- Sufficient progress on Core requirements
- At least 4 semesters of language study (or the equivalent) in the language of the country in which you wish to study abroad
- One course about the country or region in which you wish to study abroad
CC students should meet with a study abroad adviser in the Office of Global Programs.
- GPA above 3.0
- Sufficient progress on First-Year Sophomore requirements
Engineering students should look through the Engineering Global Initiatives website and plan to meet with Dean Leora Brovman.
Columbia College: Please note that summer study outside Columbia is only approved for students who are behind in credits or who are studying a language. Read our CC Summer Study Fact Sheet to learn about summer study at Columbia and at other institutions.
If you have read over the criteria and procedures and are eligible to take summer courses outside Columbia, please fill out and submit this form to your Advising Dean.
Columbia Engineering: Read our SEAS Summer Study Fact Sheet to learn about the options available to you.
If you wish to receive credit for courses taken outside of Columbia and have read over the criteria and procedures, fill out and submit this form to your Advising Dean.
- Admitted Students (15)
- Center for Student Advising (20)
- Classes (8)
- Currently Enrolled Students (17)
- CUSP FAQ (10)
- CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships (19)
- Frequently Asked Question From Faculty (7)
- Frequently Asked Question From Parents (3)
- Frequently Asked Question From Students (20)
- Graduation and beyond (5)
- Judicial Affairs and Community Standards (30)
- Majors (3)
- Parents and Families (13)
- Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders (11)
- Preprofessional Advising (3)
- Prospective Students (11)
- Residential Programs (4)
- Residential Programs FAQ (4)
- Scholars Program (29)
- Student Development and Activities (11)
- Time Away (4)