Congratulations, Class of 2015! Use this checklist to confirm that you are on track to graduate in May.
- Confirm that you are on track to graduate with the proper amount of credits (124 credits for College students and 128 credits for Engineering students).
- Meet with your academic department adviser to be cleared for graduating with major or concentration.
- Meet with your adviser from the Center for Student Advising to confirm your eligibility to graduate.
- Apply for your degree before December 1 to avoid any delays in receiving your diploma and to be considered for honors.
- Update your contact information in SSOL, and double-check the spelling of your name. Information in SSOL will be used for both the Class Day program and for shipping your diploma!
- Review your Degree Audit Report for accuracy in SSOL.
- Confirm that all of your grades and/or incomplete grades from previous semesters are posted accurately and that you have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Pay the balances on all of your accounts, and ensure that no holds have been placed by checking SSOL.
- Register for Commencement in the spring (date TBD) and request tickets for your guests if you plan to attend (number of tickets TBD).
Visit the Center for Career Education (CCE) for help with your job search. Complete the 2015 Graduating Student Survey, the purpose of which is to collect and report data on post-graduation outcomes. Survey results are also used by CCE to enhance programs and services.
- All students whose financial aid packages include federal loans are required to complete an exit interview with Student Financial Services via SSOL.
- Pick up the Commencement tickets you registered for online at a ticket distribution event (2015 dates TBD).
- Purchase your cap and gown from the bookstore and keep it in a safe place until graduation.
- Register for your Alumni Association through the Columbia College Office of Alumni Affairs and Development or the Columbia Engineering Office of Alumni and Development.
- Join the Alumni Representative Committee (ARC) to interview prospective Columbia students, represent Columbia at college fairs, and attend events for admitted students.
- Discuss with your family and guests where you will meet them following Class Day and Commencement.
- Be completely moved out of your on-campus residence by noon on Thursday, May 21, 2015. Visit Housing's spring check-out website for the detailed check-out procedure.
- Look for your diploma in the mail! Diplomas for May 2015 graduates will be mailed to the “Diploma Address” on file in SSOL.