Senior Year Checklist
Seniors, use this checklist to confirm that you are on track to graduate in May 2013.
- Confirm that you are on track to graduate with the proper amount of credits (124 credits for College students and 128 credits for Engineering students).
- Meet with your academic department adviser to be cleared for graduating with major or concentration.
- Meet with your adviser from the Center for Student Advising to confirm your eligibility to graduate.
- Update your contact information in SSOL.
- Review your Degree Audit Report for Accuracy in SSOL.
- Confirm that all of your grades and/or incomplete grades from previous semesters are posted accurately and that you have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Complete the Application for Degree form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar by March 1 to have your name listed in the Class Day program.
- Pay the balances on all of your accounts.
- Register for Commencement and request tickets for your guests by April 22 if you plan to attend.
Complete the Center for Career Education (CCE) 2013 Graduating Student Survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! (Results of the survey are used by CCE to enhance services and plan new programs.)
- If you receive financial aid, complete your exit interview with Student Financial Services.
- Pick up Commencement tickets May 8 or 9 at a ticket distribution event.
- Pick up your cap and gown from the bookstore.
- Register for your Alumni Association through the Columbia College Office of Alumni Affairs and Development or the Columbia Engineering Office of Alumni and Development.
- Join the Alumni Representative Committee! Interview prospective Columbia students, represent Columbia at college fairs, and attend events for admitted students. Contact the ARC Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Plan where you will meet your family following Class Day and Commencement.
- Plan to check out and move out of the residence halls.