Seniors must be completely moved out of their on-campus residence by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 23. For more information regarding check-out, please visit Housing's spring check-out website.
Housing offers the following tips for a successful check-out:
- Complete online maintenance requests to have problems in your room fixed.
- Inform your Resident Adviser of your confirmed departure date/time.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room: doublecheck drawers, closets, and corners carefully. (ITEMS LEFT BEHIND IN THE ROOM WILL BE DISCARDED.) Do not leave personal belongings in the hallway unattended.
- Remove all trash to the assigned location. Dumpsters will be available along 115th Street and Amsterdam and on 114th Street and Broadway. Trash bags are available.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum suites and common areas where applicable.
- Remove all personal kitchen items/appliances.
- Clean kitchens and common areas where applicable.
- Remove the message board, door tags, posters and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Put your ROLM phone back in place if your have stowed it for the year and plug it in.
- Close and lock your window.
- Close and lock your door.
- Post the checklist handout that you received from your RA on your room door.
- Bring your signed check-out envelope, with any room keys inside of the envelope, to the nearest express check-out box located at the security guard desks of each building or at the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
- If you use your Columbia University ID Card as your key, you still need to return a signed, but empty, check-out envelope to the express check-out box or to the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
- Take all food, laundry detergent, dish soap, clothes, books, TVs, and computers* to the Give and Go Green Stations.
*Please protect your privacy – before recycling or donating computers, permanently wipe your old hard drives using DBAN, a free file deletion program offered by CUIT.