Guest entrance to University Commencement on May 20, 2015, is by ticket only. All guests over the age of three (3) will need a ticket to enter University Commencement, and graduating seniors from Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science are eligible to request a limited number of tickets when they register to attend.
Graduates do not need tickets to participate in the academic procession at Commencement but will need to register to attend, arrive wearing their cap and gown, and have their Columbia ID (CUID) on hand.
Tickets are neither distributed nor required for guests to attend Class Day.
- Each graduating senior in Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science is eligible to receive a set number of guest tickets (TBD) for University Commencement.
- Due to space limitations, we are unable to accommodate requests for additional tickets to Commencement.
Registration for Commencement has not yet begun. (Unlinke Commencement, no registration is necessary to attend the school-specific Class Day ceremonies.)
Tickets MUST be picked up at one of the scheduled times for ticket distribution (TBD) and will not be available at any other time.
Graduates must register for and claim all tickets in advance, and should plan to distribute tickets to their guests prior to the morning of Commencement.
Please note the following instructions for claiming tickets:
- Bring your CUID. You may not receive your tickets without your CUID.
- Confirm the phonetic spelling of your name. This will be used to ensure proper pronunciation of your name during the Class Day ceremony.
- If necessary, designate your proxy. If you have extenuating circumstances (i.e. you do not live in New York City) you may send someone to pick up your tickets for you. Your proxy must present a completed proxy form and his/her CUID at the designated Commencement ticket distribution location to pick up your tickets.
The selling or buying of University Commencement tickets is strictly prohibited. Please be cautious of offers to sell or buy Commencement tickets. Tickets hold no official resale value and may be an unauthorized copy, therefore deemed unusable and denied on University Commencement day. Commencement tickets are solely for the purpose of allowing the friends and relatives of graduating students to attend the ceremony. All unwanted tickets should be returned to the respective school if a graduate or guest(s) no longer plan to attend University Commencement.