Guest entrance to University Commencement on May 21, 2014, is by ticket only. All guests over the age of three (3) will need a ticket to enter University Commencement, and graduating seniors from Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science are eligible to request up to four (4) tickets when they register to attend.
Graduates do not need tickets to participate in the academic procession at Commencement but will need to arrive wearing their cap and gown and have their Columbia ID (CUID) on hand.
As a reminder, tickets are neither distributed nor required for guests to attend Class Day.
- Each graduating senior in Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science is eligible to receive four (4) guest tickets for University Commencement.
- Due to space limitations, we are unable to accommodate requests for additional tickets to Commencement.
Registration for University Commencement has now concluded for graduating students. Please remember that, unlike University Commencement, no registration is necessary to attend the school-specific Class Day ceremonies.
Tickets MUST be picked up at one of the scheduled times and will not be available at any other time:
- Monday, April 21, 12:00–4:00 p.m., Low Rotunda
- Tuesday, April 22, 1:00–6:30 p.m., Lerner Hall, Party Space
- Wednesday, April 23, 10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., Lerner Hall, Room 401
Graduates must register for and claim their tickets in advance, and they should plan to distribute tickets to their guests prior to the morning of University Commencement.
Please note the following instructions for graduates claiming tickets:
- Bring your CUID. You may not receive your tickets without your CUID.
- Use our online guide to navigate the process and options of ticket distribution.
- Confirm the phonetic spelling of your name. This will be used to ensure proper pronunciation of your name during the Class Day ceremony.
- If necessary, designate your proxy. If you have extenuating circumstances (i.e. you do not live in New York City) you may send someone to pick up your tickets for you. Your proxy must present a completed proxy form and his/her CUID at the designated University Commencement ticket distribution location to pick up your tickets.
The selling or buying of University Commencement tickets is strictly prohibited. Please be cautious of offers to sell or buy Commencement tickets. Tickets hold no official resale value and may be an unauthorized copy, therefore deemed unusable and denied on University Commencement day. Commencement tickets are solely for the purpose of allowing the friends and relatives of graduating students to attend the ceremony. All unwanted tickets should be returned to the respective school if a graduate or guest(s) no longer plans to attend University Commencement.