Diversity Initiative Grant
***Please note that we have distributed all DIG funds for the 2012-13 academic year and are no longer accepting applications this semester. We encourage organizations to apply next year and to submit early.***
The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) Diversity Initiative Grant is available to Columbia-recognized student organizations to support events that fulfill at least two of the following objectives: foster diversity education, promote multicultural awareness, create avenues for cross-cultural dialogue.
Additionally, the grant supports inter-group communication and collaboration among student organizations.
Programs seeking support must be academic or educational in nature, such as but not limited to lectures with Q&A, panels, book talks, debates, forums or film screenings. Social events (i.e., cultural showcases, parties, talent or fashion shows, etc.) are not eligible for support from the Diversity Initiative Grant.
In order to be considered for funding, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- Sponsoring organizations must be recognized by the ABC, SGB, IGB, IGC, Community Impact or Club Sports
- Proposed events must be co-sponsored by at least two (2) recognized organizations
- Goals of the event must clearly further cultural awareness and diversity education at Columbia
- All events must take place on the Morningside Campus
Grants are commensurate to program/ event costs up to $500. A student organization may only receive a Diversity Initiative Grant once per semester.
(We are no longer accepting applications for the 2012-13 academic year.)
Past Programs and Projects Receiving Funding
- Michael Steele Talk and Q&A (Columbia Political Union, Black Student Organization, College Republicans, Model Congress, CU Law School Republicans, CCSC, ESC, SGA, GSSC, and SGB)
- Sexuality and the South Asian (Club Bangla and South East Asian League)
- Queer and Allied Resource Guide (Everyone Allied Against Homophobia)
Contact the Office of Multicultural Affairs
510 Lerner Hall
New York, NY 10027
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Intercultural Resource Center
552 West 114th Street
New York, NY 10025