QPA Chat Disclaimer
Queer Peers and Allies is an anonymous online informal discussion resource that is jointly run by the Office of Multicultural Affairs at Columbia University and LGBTQA peer volunteers. It is a useful resource for Columbia students that are:
- questioning their sexual and/or gender identity
- thinking about coming out
- simply surfing the web and wanting the get in touch with us
- having any concerns on their minds that they want to talk about with a peer
Before accessing the chat program, potential users must read and agree to three conditions.
- I understand that I will be asked to enter my UNI. I understand that I am being prompted for this information as a way for the Office of Multicultural affairs to insure that only members on the Columbia community are accessing this site to maintain a safe environment. I also understand that my UNI will not be visible to anyone else other than the peer with whom I am chatting.
- In the event that I am in a crisis or at anytime feel unsafe, I understand that Counseling and Psychological Services is a resource I can access anytime to have someone to talk to or to use as a tool for additional resources. I acknowledge that I can reach them at (212) 854-2878.
- While the Queer Peer Allies Chat service is anonymous between student users, I understand that staff from the Office of Multicultural Affairs and staff from Counseling and Psychological Services have access to information of those users who log into the chat site. I acknowledge that these staff members have the right to use information I provide (via UNI) to contact me if there is any indication of possible harm to myself or others.
By entering our chat room, I acknowledge that you have read and agree to the conditions listed above.
- Sign in as a guest using your UNI as your username.
- ENTER QPA CHAT
The chat will be closed for Spring Break beginning Friday, March 9th and open again on Monday, March 19th. If you have any questions, please contact Lea Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop us at the email address below.
After Hours? Check out Nightline: 212-854-7777 or drop us a note at email@example.com.