PLEASE NOTE: The ABP will not be supporting Winter Break Projects this year. We will begin accepting Spring and Summer Break Proposals in the fall. Please check out our dates and dealines for that process. Please heed the following guidelines as you begin working on your proposal. Please reach out if you have any questions!
In order to service as a Project Leader and submit preliminary and final proposals, you must currently be a CC, CE, BC, or GS undergraduate at the time of your submission.
Each team must have two Project Leaders.
Students who are studying abroad in the fall semester may apply as a co-Project Leader for spring and summer projects as long as there is one Project Leaders located at Columbia’s Morningside Heights Campus.
- The ABP Student Advisory Board reviews all preliminary proposals. After all proposals are reviewed, they are returned with comments and suggestions to each potential project leader.
- Those who have submitted a proposal are either invited to submit a final proposal, or rejected. Outright rejections are rare and most often occur because the idea is dramatically unrealistic, the idea is not civic-engagement and/or team based.
- Once all final proposals are submitted, the ABP Student Advisory Board may request an interview to seek further information.
- The ABP Student Advisory Board, in consultation with Student Engagement, will determine which projects receive support.
- The ABP Student Advisory Board notifies those who have been accepted with financial support, or accepted without financial support, or rejected.